Author Topic: AI War 2 v2.012 Released! "Populous"  (Read 2514 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v2.012 Released! "Populous"
« on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:51 pm »

It's been 17 days since the last build, but there's a whole lot of goodness in this new one. Release notes here.

Also: I got married last week! It was supposed to be next month, but on account of pandemic we had to adjust our plans. My wife is a physician, and in the spirit of family unity I suggested we both add to our last names rather than it just being her; so I'm now Chris McElligott Park, not Chris Park.

As to the actual build, there's a ton of stuff:

• Lobby improvements, and better stuff with loading saves into the lobby.
  • Bunches of bugfixes.
  • The ability to see and switch music tracks via the debug screen.
  • Settings and profiles being forward-compatible in case you need to roll back your game version without losing those things.
  • Bunches of improvements and tweaks to the scourge, and other Spire Rises content.
  • A bunch of improvements to the Macrophage in the base game, allowing for multiple versions of their faction, among other things.
  • TONS of balance tweaks, including a lot more AI ship groups for more variety, etc.
  • And a whole lot of other things.

More to come soon!

Please Do Report Any Issues!

If you run into any bugs, we'd definitely like to hear about those.

The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who's on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you've been playing the game and enjoying it, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.

More to come soon. Enjoy!

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn't have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ArnaudB

• Jr. Member Mark II
Re: AI War 2 v2.012 Released! "Populous"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:58:03 am »
Lots of good things with this release.

I particularly liked that lobby loading now work properly. It's much easier to ironman a game knowing I don't have to set every settings every time.

Profile comptability will be nice if I ever get back into beta. Losing most of your profile settings was really annoying, once you toggled out of beta.

Cheers for mines no longer hiding after killing a planet. So annoying, even with frigate sentry.

The scourge felt less problematic too in A Twisted Enemy quickstart. Or maybe that was because I could pick the starting fleet and battlestation, which made things much easier. Either way, I was able to properly contain it in a quick game.

I am hoping to see minor factions finally try to kill an AI Homeworld. That'll be fun.

The bunches of balance fixes were also nice to see. Quite a few ships like Stingrays were really lagging behind... though I do realize the buffs means the AI also get those, ouch.

Good on the AI Fortress/Super-fortress getting buffs too. Those were... really not much of a problem, even with 1.5 Attack/Health on Turret/guard posts.

And again, happy marriage !

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
Re: AI War 2 v2.012 Released! "Populous"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 08:53:55 am »
Mmm, so many fixes.
Also, just seen the new Spire Macrophage Tellium: Holy ____.

2nd strongest unit in the game? It makes the exogalactic planet cracker and mothership look pathetic, and the nemesis isn't even on the same scale.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:02:30 am by Lord Of Nothing »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk