Author Topic: AI War 2 v1.321 Released! "Enjoy Your Break, Voice Lady"  (Read 2153 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v1.321 Released! "Enjoy Your Break, Voice Lady"
« on: January 31, 2020, 11:00:32 pm »

It's rare that I include a joke in the title of a release, but this one was a comment by StarKelp on discord and was too good to pass up. He helped find a really annoying QoL bug with the voice lines playing repetitively in certain cases, so here we are. Full release notes here.

• A variety of bugfixes that make life more pleasant and/or make the enemy more deadly.
  • Your own forcefields that are bumped out of the way by enemy Norris Effect units will now move back into position on their own, thus re-covering wormholes that previously were just left open. This is a pretty major addition when you're fighting certain enemies that push your shields around, and was the thing I wouldn't have thought to do. Big kudos to Badger on adding this!
  • Added a new Damage Amplification thanks to Quinn, who has basically created a new mechanic for ships that can be used to counter golems and other super-units with ships that use this mechanic. This mechanic is available for modders immediately, and we're working on ships of our own to make use of it.

More to come soon!

Please Do Report Any Issues!

If you run into any bugs, we'd definitely like to hear about those.

The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who's on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you've been playing the game and enjoying it, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.

More to come soon. Enjoy!

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn't have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War 2 v1.321 Released! "Enjoy Your Break, Voice Lady"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 11:02:10 pm »
I am skeptical that you wouldn't have thought to do what I did with the shields if you'd decided to tackle it. It's basically the same logic that Keith originally used for engineer FRD, just handled a bit differently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk