Author Topic: AI War 2 v0.856 Released! "Sabre Company"  (Read 349 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris Park, Arcen Games Founder and Lead Designer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v0.856 Released! "Sabre Company"
« on: November 09, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
Release notes here.

There are things!  They are new!  The release notes themselves are pretty much brief enough to cover it, to be honest.  There's some good fixes and tweaks in here, again from Puffin and Badger and Quinn.  I have still been out for the count.

My personal life has still been completely upside down and sideways, but this week it's been on balance more good changes than bad.  Still just a lot of getting used to... a completely new method of existence, really.  I'm finally mentally and emotionally and physically getting recovered enough that I think that I'll be coming back to work more or less like normal next week, unless something NEW happens.  My schedule is still going to be reduced from what it used to be, but I'm going to really focus on getting important stuff done efficiently, and I have Quinn and my dad as a big help on that.

So... yeah.  Continued apologies.  This is just the largest life change event I've had, other than having kids, since I became an adult.  So I'm just having to process and adjust, and I will get back on track.  Thanks for bearing with me, and to all the folks keeping things going while I've been reeling.

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options.  You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back.  Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc.  Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page.  If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games?  It doesn't have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen.  Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RocketAssistedPuffin

• Jr. Member Mark III
Re: AI War 2 v0.856 Released! "Sabre Company"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »
Good to hear from you again Chris! Very good!

Had some things for testing, were major-ish so didn't put them in yet, so this update is smaller in my area.

But...got ideas kicking around in my head. When you're back in action, I'd...like to discuss a few. One's really minor, one's a bit bigger.

But get to that soon, if/when you want to.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 10:45:59 PM »
*Finally gets around to maybe poking at things*

Um. Chris, why does steam tell me I can't install the game ("invalid platform")? I realize my machine is a bit of a frankenstein's monster, but it is running Windows 7.

*Headscratches*

Offline x4000

• Chris Park, Arcen Games Founder and Lead Designer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Sounds awesome to me, Puffin!

Draco, it requires a 64bit OS, so that would be my guess...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:46:27 PM »

Doh, that would do it. Yep, blame the frakencomputer. Hard drive from an older laptop (that had a hardware failure in its power switch) and my desktop's guts (that had windows commit suicide). OS is, in fact, 32 bit.

Sigh, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer!

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 05:22:25 PM »

Doh, that would do it. Yep, blame the frakencomputer. Hard drive from an older laptop (that had a hardware failure in its power switch) and my desktop's guts (that had windows commit suicide). OS is, in fact, 32 bit.

Sigh, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer!

I hope the next sentence of mine will not offend you somehow but...

Your style of writing above really reminded me of Misery's :D

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
Your style of writing above really reminded me of Misery's :D

:D