Author Topic: AI War 2 v0.501 Released!  (Read 2193 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v0.501 Released!
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:24:11 pm »
Finally past getting all the non-stretch-goal content in (the units are defined and in the game and basically behave as they should, anyway), so now onto actually making things fun :)

The release notes are here.

The key quality-of-life improvements, in no particular order, are:
- You can now choose to start with the first planet already under your control, and thus skip that first battle that tended to be the same.
- Turrets and similar structures that you build now leave remains that you can rebuild, similar to AIWC. Not having to manually re-place turrets after every significant defense is very nice.
- Tech costs and various other numbers are now rounded to not be weird values like 1199 (instead 1200, in that case).
- BadgerBadger's "Find Planet" function has been integrated. Thanks Badger!
- BadgetBadger's improved campaign-based save/load system has been integrated. Thanks Badger! (I keep finding myself saying that) The structure of the campaign data is likely to change to something more robust before 1.0, but this is a definite step in the right direction.

Up next is more of the same troubleshooting: finding the trouble that gets in the way of the game being fun, and shooting it. For now I'm focusing on my own testing as it's a tighter feedback loop in many ways, but that will be broadening out.

Enjoy!

Keith
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: AI War 2 v0.501 Released!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »
Awesome sauce.

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War 2 v0.501 Released!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:07:22 pm »
If you're taking requests for the next round of updates, I'd love to be able to set the number of planets for a map in the Map Select screen ;-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk