Author Topic: AI War 2 Kickstarter: Paypal at last!  (Read 4677 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 Kickstarter: Paypal at last!
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:38 am »
Hoo boy this took me forever, and for that I'm really sorry.  I know some folks here haven't been able to back until now.

Well, better late than never I suppose?  http://arcengames.com/ai-war-2-kickstarter-paypal-at-last/

Thank you so much for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: AI War 2 Kickstarter: Paypal at last!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:55:22 am »
Finally! Backed with 26$.
Maybe I'm the first?

anyway, I think Paypal will give a big boost to the Kickstarter page for the last days.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »
anyway, I think Paypal will give a big boost to the Kickstarter page for the last days.

No it won't. Paypal pledges don't count on Kickstarter.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:18:53 pm »
It doesn't count on the KS total, no (which is why it isn't done before hitting the goal), but Chris and co. can certainly sum the two values together for the purposes of stretch goals.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:00:41 pm »
Yea, thus far it appears to have brought in ~$80, so it may not wind up making a big difference to stretch goals, but perhaps it will pick up as people become aware of it. There's also the update tomorrow that will announce it, for those folks who follow on kickstarter but don't want to use it.

We're grateful for the support, however it comes :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 02:20:11 am »
Can I donate a specific amount? I'd like to get rid of the 2,99€ I have had laying on my PayPal account for years.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Atepa

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 10:17:09 am »
Can I donate a specific amount? I'd like to get rid of the 2,99€ I have had laying on my PayPal account for years.

I totally didn't just check my PayPal for the same thing... >.>

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 02:18:55 pm »
It is possible to send specific amounts.  If you want to use the tips page on the Arcen site and then just say what it is for, then that's fine and we'll count it the same way.  It all goes to the same place, but the tips page lets you just type a number and a message.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 09:11:25 am »

Thanks for that!  I applied it to the kickstarter. :)

It doesn't show up in the on-kickstarter number, but it's in our internal spreadsheet for the paypal side.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 09:32:20 am »
Well that gave me opportunity to "pledge" as well ;P

What's the tally now for paypal ? ;p
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:36:40 am »
$151 as of yesterday, according to the Kickstarter comments.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 08:45:22 pm »
$167 now! :)

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 02:02:25 am »
Question, how does the PayPal backing system delineate rewards to its clients?

I got an email from PayPal verifying my payment went through, but no automated email from Arcen games informing me how to to apply my payment to my Kickstarter account or if a key would be sent directly at some point in the distant future.

Just trying to clarify.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 05:35:30 am »
PayPal and Kickstarter are not connected. There's nothing to apply to your account. Someone will have to do that on the back end later.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 11:15:06 am »
Basically it's incredibly grunt-work-based.  I've manually logged everything into a spreadsheet.  I'll then hand that off to BackerKit, who will import that same as they have for the main kickstarter pledges.

From then on we'll manage fulfillment and so forth for everyone through BackerKit (which is way more advanced functionally than Kickstarter itself, hence its wide use).

Because it's kind of a pain for the backerkit folks (and they made that clear), I'll have to take down the paypal page after I send them the spreadsheet for the first time.  It's then all based on Stripe on their end until we hit EA on Steam and then people can buy it like normal then on Steam or Humble or whatever.

If there's someone who wants an Alpha key but only has paypal and wants to do that after the paypal page is taken down, then we'll have to handle them as a one-off.  BackerKit does support paypal if you upgrade your plan to a higher one, but it would cost us an extra $970, which we wouldn't earn back in paypal pledges by any stretch of the imagination.

Complicated!  Hopefully very simple on your end, though: once in backerkit you'll get an email with the survey and so on, and then later emails with your keys and other rewards, and that should be that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk