Author Topic: AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 2 - Programming  (Read 2192 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 2 - Programming
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »
The day Galaxy Map Display Modes were unleashed on an unsuspecting universe:

(probably not very unsuspecting, considering that AIWC had such modes, but they weren't moddable!)

I'm not sure how many of you find 1h45m videos of coding "enjoyable", but if so: enjoy :) If not, an example of how to mod in a new display mode starts around 59:27.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 2 - Programming
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 10:51:46 pm »
I look forward to trying out making a new display mode to ignore all AI "Defensive Structures" (planetary cloaker, ion cannon, etc) so I can focus only on the Fabs/ARS/Dyson etc....

Then one that shows only the Defensive Structures.

The display mode work is pretty important, if only because at the moment there's a hard limit of 4 "Things" (cloaker, ARS, master controller, golems, etc) that can be shown per planet, and it's not unheard of for planets to have 5 or more of these things; this will only become more likely as Keith/Chris/Modders add more "Interesting" things that they want shown on the planet,

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 06:45:58 am »
Yea, having a "things that give me more ships" filter, and a "things that could really ruin my day if I flew through here" filter, and a "things that could really ruin my day even if I never go through here" filter would be nice :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:22:25 am »
I wanted to do a really simple display mode, and I have one here. This will show only progress reducers, which I remember fondly from AIWC. Here's the code if y'all would like it.

I'll do the "Things to hack/capture" and "Nasty Defensive Things" when I get the chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk