Author Topic: AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 1 - Testing  (Read 1968 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 1 - Testing
« on: July 26, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
And now for something moderately different:

Some playtesting to help identify the main things in the way of the play experience. Ends predictably.

I hope you enjoy it :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 1 - Testing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »
Another request or two: rally point for constructors; if I need to build my starship constructor behind my front line, I'd like to be able to rally the newly built units to my defensive perimeter.

Stealth feels overpowered given the cost of a tachyon array; at 220 power, that seems really high given that you really need those on your perimeter. At the moment I think "more power per planet or cheaper infrastructure" might be nice. (All my balance ideas are potentially bad, since I was never very good at AIWC).

Selection issues: I sometimes grab my Controller or shield generators when selecting military (especially when doing it quickly), and wind up sending them next to random wormholes as I send my fleet. See Mantis 0019147.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War 2 - Alpha 0.504 - Part 1 - Testing
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 05:20:06 pm »
Another request or two: rally point for constructors; if I need to build my starship constructor behind my front line, I'd like to be able to rally the newly built units to my defensive perimeter.
Yea, I was trying to give it a rally command at one point there; I didn't wait to see if it worked. The infrastructure is there but the interface for choosing between "give orders to this unit" and "store orders to be copied to everything this unit produces" was disabled due to extreme confusion earlier on.

Stealth feels overpowered given the cost of a tachyon array; at 220 power, that seems really high given that you really need those on your perimeter.
If you have a bit of time to A/B test, please tweak Balance_TachyonType/KDL_VanillaEntries.xml's "Normal" node's ability_multiplier to some higher value. Say, 5 instead of 1. And see if that helps and let me know. It's possible it's just a numeric imbalance, or it might be a bug.

The power cost could be lowered, but in general I'd like those "I need extra tachyon here" structures to be individually significant.

Selection issues: I sometimes grab my Controller or shield generators when selecting military (especially when doing it quickly), and wind up sending them next to random wormholes as I send my fleet. See Mantis 0019147.
Yea, I need to have it mimic AIWC's behavior of "if my bandbox includes any military I don't have selected, ignore any non-military this time".

Thanks for the feedback :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk