Author Topic: 9/29: Human "Light Capital Ship" visuals (for now).  (Read 12728 times)

Offline Orelius

Re: 9/29: Human "Light Capital Ship" visuals (for now).
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »
Wow, this looks really cool!  Glad to see that some solid progress is being made.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 10:05:31 pm »
Wait you're turning down the bloom on the Spire? BOooo--- nah it's probably for the better. Clearing out the pipes is DEFINITELY a net positive.

Glad to hear that Zenith are getting a partial redesign. Will the Golems look more like the rest of the Zenith or do they still get to be super alien?

Neinzul Younglings should look like giant space bugs. Their largest vessels should be more creative for ~various reasons~ so long as they keep the organic look.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 03:44:19 pm »
A lot of the specifics on those race designs is TBD.  We have a lot of solid material to pull from, the best of which is in Stars Beyond Reach in my opinion.  But that was both 2D and very small, and we want them to be much larger-feeling and also of course it's 3D.  We'll see what we do, but that will be a lot of fun as a process to go through.  Those are some of the most fun parts of art design, to me at least.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 06:03:22 pm »
Those are some of the most fun parts of art design, to me at least.
Yeah I bet. Been looking at the game files for SBR and the alien structures are a lot more alien than I remember. Still love the Zenith buildings and I think I really like the Neinzul as well. Good stuff there.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:52 am »
Indeed.  Cath and Blue put a ton of work into it, and I helped a lot with concepting stuff, but they really took it to a whole new level regarding the actual designs.  Super well designed.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk