Author Topic: 11 days to go ... Let's Fund This!!!  (Read 10878 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
11 days to go ... Let's Fund This!!!
« on: October 29, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »
Alright guys, things are looking pretty bleak, but we have to fund this somehow. If not, then...AI War 2 may never happen. Will probably never happen, actually. I'm tripling my pledge. Note: this isn't a call for people to be irresponsible with their money, but it is a call for us to try and push our pledges as much as is reasonably possible. The campaign needs a boost.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcengames/ai-war-ii

Offline Logorouge

Re: 11 days to go ... Let's Fund This!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »
Eh, why not. I was planning on raising it toward the end anyway.
Minor boost go!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 06:55:10 pm »
Eh, why not. I was planning on raising it toward the end anyway.
Minor boost go!

Thanks! :) Yeah, I'm sure that there are quite a few people who were planning on raising their pledges near the end of the campaign, but it might be better to do that now while we still have some time left.  Just to get us that little bit closer to the goal, to give the campaign that little bit more momentum.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 08:52:26 pm »
Fox it.  Pledge freaking sextupled.

I looked at those larger pledge values and what they offered. I was already sitting at an Early Bird tier so popping up to the "not early" wasn't all that interesting.  Naming minor factions weren't terribly exciting to me (I suck at names).

Then I saw the $400 reward.  Alien artifact goooooo

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 09:40:59 am »
Fox it.  Pledge freaking sextupled.

I looked at those larger pledge values and what they offered. I was already sitting at an Early Bird tier so popping up to the "not early" wasn't all that interesting.  Naming minor factions weren't terribly exciting to me (I suck at names).

Then I saw the $400 reward.  Alien artifact goooooo

Awesome! I've upped my current pledge from $300 to match you. Seems like a cool tier. If we can find 200 more crazy AI War fans willing to donate $400 or $500, then that might be enough to get this Kickstarter funded. It's not going to take us all the way there, but the bump over the last few days might then be enough to push us up to the target. This doesn't sound TOO crazy to me.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 10:10:32 am »
If we can find 200 more crazy AI War fans willing to donate $400 or $500, then that might be enough to get this Kickstarter funded. It's not going to take us all the way there, but the bump over the last few days might then be enough to push us up to the target. This doesn't sound TOO crazy to me.
The more depressing way to look at it is that if every single backer (2200, average pledge $40) added $100 (+2.5x additional), we'd almost perfectly hit the target.
Or we'd need 450 new people to pledge $500 each.
Or 5500 people at $40.

:'(

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 11:42:01 am »
If we can find 200 more crazy AI War fans willing to donate $400 or $500, then that might be enough to get this Kickstarter funded. It's not going to take us all the way there, but the bump over the last few days might then be enough to push us up to the target. This doesn't sound TOO crazy to me.
The more depressing way to look at it is that if every single backer (2200, average pledge $40) added $100 (+2.5x additional), we'd almost perfectly hit the target.
Or we'd need 450 new people to pledge $500 each.
Or 5500 people at $40.

:'(

Yeah, we're not going to get enough smaller pledge increases to make a difference, not at least until near the end of the campaign. If this is going to get funded it's going to need a concerted effort from a smaller group of die hard AI War fans, really pushing how much they can afford to the limit -- responsibly, of course.  Then, maybe we could build enough late momentum to get over the line. It's a long shot, I know, though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:44:27 am by Pepisolo »

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »
If enough people bump their pledges that it moves the needle, that will encourage people on the fence to jump in via positive momentum. Hard to say just how many is required to do that, but every bit helps.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 09:37:28 pm »
So, I'm not the big spender that Craig or Draco are. And if I cared enough, I'd probably mod in things.

However, my wife did make me go socialize with work colleagues yesterday and I did end up buying $30 worth of beer. Given that I don't like beer and its effect lasts less than 12 hours, I figured I could up my pledge by $30 for a game that will probably antagonize me for over 100 hours.

My other evil plan to convince her to play games with me because I was directly involved in their development and therefore denying this is to deny the worth of my existence... is kinda working out? The lack of Coop play in the recent titles has put a damper on that though.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 10:17:02 pm »
So, I'm not the big spender that Craig or Draco are. And if I cared enough, I'd probably mod in things.

However, my wife did make me go socialize with work colleagues yesterday and I did end up buying $30 worth of beer. Given that I don't like beer and its effect lasts less than 12 hours, I figured I could up my pledge by $30 for a game that will probably antagonize me for over 100 hours.

My other evil plan to convince her to play games with me because I was directly involved in their development and therefore denying this is to deny the worth of my existence... is kinda working out? The lack of Coop play in the recent titles has put a damper on that though.

Awesome! To be honest I'm really not a big spender at all, generally. My biggest pledge before this was $60 for Shenmue 3. It's more that the failure of this Kickstarter sucks so badly that I'm really pushing the amount I can afford as much as possible.  Around $500 is the absolute maximum I could justify, though. I've actually only played AI War for about an hour, heh. I really just don't want to see Arcen take another kick to the guts, if you know what I mean.  I've seen more than enough of that for one year.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 11:40:04 pm »
$400 is more than 4 times more than I've put on any project ever, and the $99 one got me physical hardware.  Behind that, $66 and $60 for the two Shadowrun games, which is about where my initial pledge for AIW2 was ($65).

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 02:55:04 am »
I'm having the terrible-est of economic situations than I've had in a long while, so my pledge stays at $250. I can't under any circumstance up that, unfortunately.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline iob

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 06:33:17 am »
The Success probability is now at 0%. I think we can now watch and get amazed by a miracle or look for other funding / scrap this project.

Sadly, I could convince none of my friends to fund due to lack of language support and because we couldn't see us playing this game on lan due to game play issues.

Offline Irxallis

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 01:49:46 pm »
No matter if AI War 2 gets kickstarted in this or next incarnation, I am going to repeat the pledging as many times as needed to make it work ;-).

I do not have a social media profile, really, and I couldn't really have helped earlier in any way other than word of mouth - but I could create a YouTube video (with some voice explanation) from AI War Classic showing multiple glorious ways I can die on difficulty 9 and WHY I died, proving it is not "unfair stuff" but my errors (either tactical or strategic) which led to my demise.

I picked a "starship approach" with Zenith Medic Frigates, one with Zenith Siege Engines and then Neinzul Fireflies approach (would try one with turrets/beachheading too, but video is 11 minutes long at this point anyway). In short: death to EyeBots, death to Dyson + refleeting + reprisal wave of Tackle Drones, death to Dark Spire Hatred because energy brownout. Good stuff :-).

I do not make this post here to promote my channel (different target group; my channel has 100% GuildWars2 footage at this point), but if this video can help you in any way (even only as moral support ;p) then it was worth it to make it. Consider it a labour of love towards one of my most beloved games of all times, next to Civilization 4 Fall from Heaven and X-Com (the oldest one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aiVo4p1AQQ

Good luck and I hope to see the first KS succeed. Worst case, the second KS. I will be there anyway; I often lurk those forums ;-).

~Irxallis

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 01:54:22 pm »
Based on the latest kickstarter update, I guess it's over. It seems like the plan is to talk about the next one there instead of here? That's kind of annoying, kickstarter comments aren't well structured for a discussion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk