Author Topic: 0.300 now out!  (Read 7345 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: 0.300 now out!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 09:25:34 pm »
Good to know on the bugs, thank you for that.  Keith and I will be on those in the morning, and try to have out a patch in the morning if we can.  I was going to to an official announcement of 0.300 today, but instead I think I'll wait until 0.301 is out and do the announcement tomorrow, despite the keys already having gone out to folks (with emails).  Some folks won't have noticed their keys yet, and it's better if we have the patch version out first before the rest do.  I've posted about this release on kickstarter (comments stream and comments of latest update post), as well as here, so anyone seriously waiting for it would already have seen it one way or another.  Hopefully.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 09:28:58 pm »
@Dominus: I can currently open new bugs and interact with Mantis happily. If I can figure out how to replicate my problem I'll open a bug in mantis for it (wait, I won't be able to. Circular problems ftw!).

@x4000: Yeah, I think holding off a broader announcement till you've swept out some of these low-hanging bugs is definitely the right call.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 09:32:42 pm »
Thanks. :)

And doubly thanks for FINDING the low-hanging fruit.  The amount of guts-adjusting that was done in the game between the last version and this one was huge, so it's no wonder there were a bunch of new bugs.  But in my various tests they weren't showing up, mainly because a lot of these look like they are race conditions, and those sorts of things always are intermittent and can vary based on framerate.  Fortunately, fixing them tends to not be too bad.  And also fortunately, we don't do such huge guts-swapping very often.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 09:52:58 pm »
@Dominus: I can currently open new bugs and interact with Mantis happily. If I can figure out how to replicate my problem I'll open a bug in mantis for it (wait, I won't be able to. Circular problems ftw!).

If that happens you can make a post in the Website Support board (I get notifications when someone posts there), or email me/us at the ArcenGames AT gmail.com.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk