Author Topic: 0.118 "Of Shots And Hidden Mechanics" quick release notice.  (Read 10349 times)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: 0.118 "Of Shots And Hidden Mechanics" quick release notice.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 09:58:41 pm »
That's awesome! I have been pining for some new ships to try out (and the fjords).

Offline z99-_

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 11:09:06 am »
Here are two of the new ships!   :D

Those will look a bit better once Chris has a chance to adjust the shader to his liking.  The shader being used is a bit beyond me as far as making it look good consistently.

Do I spy an eyebot? :D

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:34 am »
Do I spy an eyebot? :D

Come on now! That was the easy one.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:04 am »
The question is... does it spy you? ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline z99-_

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 12:38:17 pm »
Come on now! That was the easy one.

Hmm ... I think I'll guess electric shuttle for the other one. If that's not it, I guess I'll have to open up the design doc to get some more ideas.

The question is... does it spy you? ;)

As someone who has never had the pleasure of playing against an AI that unlocked eyebots early, I never got what all the fuss was about :P I was always happy when the AI finally unlocked them, because it meant there was a design backup server I could hack to get more scouts!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »
I think the Electric Shuttle is probably being name-changed to be the Lightning Corvette: https://blog.arcengames.com/blues-work-on-the-new-lightning-corvette/

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 12:47:13 pm »
Hmm ... I think I'll guess electric shuttle for the other one. If that's not it, I guess I'll have to open up the design doc to get some more ideas.

Well, that's not it!
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 03:59:35 pm »
Here are two of the new ships!   :D

Ooh, they've got cloaking!

Offline z99-_

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 06:59:52 pm »
I think the Electric Shuttle is probably being name-changed to be the Lightning Corvette: https://blog.arcengames.com/blues-work-on-the-new-lightning-corvette/

Right! I had a feeling in the back of my mind that the electric shuttle lightning corvette design had already been shown before, but I couldn't remember anything specific. Thanks!

Looking over the carried over ship list, my next guess would be raptor, followed by raider (was thinking etherjet tractor as well, but I'm guessing it's too early to bring in new mechanics like that)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 07:33:20 pm »
It's a really bad angle and lighting on it, and the texture is messed up in that particular screenshot.  But it's an autocannon minipod, I do believe. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 08:26:32 pm »
But it's an autocannon minipod, I do believe. :)

Ah, yes, that makes sense.

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 08:28:20 pm »
It does make sense, but I was never going to guess that!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:30 pm »
That is what it is though.

I caught the error with the texture earlier today, so it will look better when you all get a hold of it. :).

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 10:35:34 am »
Ah, that will be excellent. So are we (fingers crossed) looking to get a release today or tomorrow? Or are we going to give it more time?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 10:56:41 am »
Tomorrow or Friday, I'd say is my best bet.  I'm not sure what Keith's schedule of implementation of mechanics is going to yield in terms of having ships start showing up that have their art done.  Even with EyeBot art done, they won't appear until the mechanics are in there and he pulls them into the game.

Right now when it comes to that sort of thing, so much of it has been building out the toolsets on his part, and then it should be a rush of ships after that.  I have a whole raft of stuff that I hope to start getting done either later today or (more likely) tomorrow and Friday, myself.  Throughout the week this has been an R&D week for me on some needed things unrelated to AI War, but I've also been picking up a ton of stuff for AI War in terms of the R&D fruits, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk