Okay, I really hate going back on my word, but I'm exhausted and the last bits need to get finished up tomorrow. I had some dad-stuff I had to take care of that really took it out of me, and I just don't have the wind for another round of coding tonight. I thought I would, but I just need some sleep at the moment.
- Icons render, and scale perfectly.
- All the math and all that crazy stuff, plus resolution-independence and mipmapping and so on are all there.
- Numerals for icons are set up.
- Selection indicators as rings for icons were there, but I didn't like how that looked, so...
- I made a secondary shader with a way for me to do colorized borders instead. This is currently broken and I'm not sure what's up.
- All of the color variants and flair and whatnot are all in there, and wired up in xml, but aren't quite wired up in the actual code yet.
- That consists of changing the mark level colors based on FRD, Attack Move, or group move status. (This is 5 minutes of work.)
- And then also showing the "flair" under the icons for variants (this is easy).
- And then lastly showing the health bar and cloaked/shielded status bars underneath. These are also simple.
After that, I have to make the icons for the galaxy map show up properly there. That's a separate batch of code for display, but it's still pretty simple.
So... yeah. Frustrating. I'm really sorry for saying one thing and doing another regarding the schedule. That's not the person I try to be, and it happens more than I'd care for. I was going to make a quick video to at least show off how things are looking, but I just am out of energy and am going to head to bed instead. Sorry about that! There's no way the above things can last past tomorrow... right??