Author Topic: Kickstarter: my wish list for the different tiers  (Read 19887 times)

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Kickstarter: my wish list for the different tiers
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:04 am »
I'm not for "discounted" copies.
After all, the goal of a kickstarted is to make money.

What I've seen other kickstarters do is "choose your rewards", if you put 90 euros, the base game is 30 euros, and there are rewards for 90 euroes, you can choose either 3 games, or the rewards for 90 euroes.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2016, 03:21:17 am »
"Hey, dude, zoom on my flagship. Nice, eh? That's 'cause I kickstarted the game." 8)
Yeah maaann, kick ass! *fist bump*

Not but really the game is played zoomed out pretty much all the time so imo that would be a waste of money and time.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2016, 05:03:42 am »
"Hey, dude, zoom on my flagship. Nice, eh? That's 'cause I kickstarted the game." 8)
Yeah maaann, kick ass! *fist bump*

Not but really the game is played zoomed out pretty much all the time so imo that would be a waste of money and time.
Who are you to call my money wasted? ;D
If I want to have a golden flagship visible at max zoom and am ready to pay for it, why not?

More seriously, sure, this is cosmetic. But it's like a forum badge and stuff. The point is, beside supporting the creation of a game, to earn the right to brag about it. The point isn't the golden starship or the forum badge, it's the bragging right that would appeal people in supporting the kickstarter.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2016, 09:21:38 am »
Or, you can sell vetos!  +$20 to guarantee your least favor unit (*cough wrath lances cough*) never returns!
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! :'(

I hate love (in a masochistic kind of way) wrath lances!  They've wrecked my plans so awfully a few times.  I even wrote them as the standout feature in my Steam review on the Ancient Shadows Steam store page.

You can't get rid of them; I veto this veto!

I've never contributed to a kickstarter before, but I am sorely tempted by this.

On a more serious note, assuming I contributed, I'd much rather have my brother's name somewhere in the game than my own.  He died a few years ago, but I strongly suspect he would have loved this game and I'd much prefer to memorialise him than see my own name.  I assume this wouldn't be an issue?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:23:55 am by Vacuity »

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »
I hate love (in a masochistic kind of way) wrath lances! 

I knew someone out there had to feel that way!  Even I will admit that they're *interesting*. Hitting them two games in a row was a bit much, especially alongside a Grav Reactor the second time. 

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2016, 01:15:03 pm »
I really wish I could back this project and get a tier reward, but the probnlem is, Kickstarter still refuses to allow Paypal. And I don't have nor will I ever own a credit card.

I will buy the game however when it's complete.

Offline Vinco

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »
Vampire,

If you really want to back the project but are averse to credit cards, you still have options.  Prepaid gift cards are likely the best approach, though you'll be paying an initial fee.

I also find it incredibly difficult to understand why anyone would be in favor of paypal over a good rewards credit card, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2016, 10:11:05 pm »
A lot of people, myself included, have an extreme dislike for owing money to anyone for any reason, ever.  That said, I do have a debit card for my bank account that I can use as a credit card.  Is that also not an option, Vampire?

Offline NickAragua

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2016, 11:04:25 pm »
#1 Focus on the game. Skip the stupid physical swag and $5000 "attend a party with the devs" crap.
#2 It's been said before, but no exclusive content. Maybe some minor cosmetic stuff.

My suggestions (may mirror previous posts):
- A "just pitched in for no reward" tier.
- A "spot in the credits but no game" tier.
- "Just the game" tier, gets you the game for slightly less than full retail price.
- "Teamwork is better" tier. Gets you 2x copies of the game at the same per-unit price as "Just the game".
- "Tom Sawyer Fence Painting" tiers:
I. Lets you in to early access so you can pay to be a QA person.
II. Lets you in before early access so you can help out with localization or data entry.
III. Lets you in before early access so you can help Arcen out with some code reviews. Just kidding, don't do that one. Then again:
IV. Lets you in after the game is released and grants you conditional access to the codebase so you can do some bug fixes while the Arcen team swims in their Scrooge McDuck vault full of e-cash.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2016, 04:40:30 am »
Hmmm. Do you want discoverable lore fragments in the game?

Cynically speaking, selling spots for fan-fic entries, which players may recover as they hack into all sorts of old human databases now controlled by the AI.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 07:39:45 am »
A lot of people, myself included, have an extreme dislike for owing money to anyone for any reason, ever.  That said, I do have a debit card for my bank account that I can use as a credit card.  Is that also not an option, Vampire?

I use a credit card all the time, and I never owe them any money. Pretty easy to pay for whatever you buy with online banking the next day.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2016, 11:32:36 am »
You know what I'd pay for?

A compiled lore book.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2016, 11:55:12 am »
I'd seriously consider a lore book myself, if it included concept arts and stuff - but yeah...

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2016, 12:28:23 pm »
+1 for the lorebook here.
However I'm afraid it would cost much more to make and ship than the cash obtained for the kickstarter with it.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 12:34:18 pm »
Psh, give it to me as a PDF.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk