Author Topic: Tutorial - Creating Nebula Backgrounds for AI War 2  (Read 17720 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Tutorial - Creating Nebula Backgrounds for AI War 2
« on: May 31, 2017, 02:45:55 pm »

A how-to guide for modders or other players who want to create nebula backgrounds for either their own use, or to send in for official inclusion in the game. This requires version 0.302 or greater of the game.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:42:17 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Tutorial - Creating Nebula Backgrounds for AI War 2
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »
So I actually downloaded Unity for Linux and was trying to follow the video. However, when I open the ModdingAndGui project, then navigate to SpaceBG->Materials->ForUsing, then try to click on one of the materials (lets say for example CalmRibs_BlueRed.mat), I see errors like "ArgumentException: The Assembly Rewired_Core is referenced by ArcenUniversal ('Assets/ArcenDLLs/ArcenUniversal.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found."

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe the Linux version doesn't play nicely with things?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:30:18 pm »
Looks like Rewired is missing. Great asset.
(Would you believe that Yooka-Laylee uses it, but didn't bother providing a UI to actually change the bindings?)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 09:37:55 pm »
Is that something I need to install? How would I do that, if so?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:46:45 pm »
Is that something I need to install? How would I do that, if so?

Yes, but no.
It's a $45 asset on the asset store, but if Keith is already using it, it should just be part of the modding development environment.
(I've got me own copy)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 02:35:49 pm »
There's a copy of the rewired core dll in your install's ReliableDLLStorage folder. But I don't think that's the problem here.

It's not present in the modding-and-gui project, true enough, but I just loaded up modding project in my test steam copy (never opened it there before) and it doesn't have the problem you describe.

It's possible that it's a linux-specific bug, but I don't know how.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 03:57:15 pm »
"ArgumentException: The Assembly Rewired_Core is referenced by ArcenUniversal ('Assets/ArcenDLLs/ArcenUniversal.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found."
Naive googling yielded:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/485085/dll-is-not-allowed-to-be-included-or-could-not-be.html

Any help from that one? Specifically setting "Build Settings > Player Settings > API Compatibility Level" to .NET 2.0

If not, what does your unity editor.log say?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk