Author Topic: Astilious Interface Tweaks  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Astilious

Astilious Interface Tweaks
« on: November 18, 2019, 02:32:09 am »
This mod adds some extra commands and other interface elements that I find useful in my play.

Current Features:
Cautious Attack: Hold this key (default Left Control, can be set in the controls menu under the "Astilious Interface Tweaks" category) and right click an enemy to order a "Cautious Attack". All selected units that the enemy clicked will not get a large attack bonus against will be given a normal attack order. All other units will be given no orders at all.
Avoid Planet: Now that avoid planet is in the base game all the mod does is allow you to toggle whether a planet is avoided by holding the avoid planet hotkey (default Caps Lock) and clicking a planet on the galaxy map.
Units and fleets can be deselected via the unit types list (bottom right when you have a fleet selected) using the standard deselect hotkey (default Alt).

Future Possibilities:
Transport To: Hold this key and right click a location to have your fleet load into a transport, move to that location, then unload.
Don't auto target AI home world phase 1.
Allow interplanetary attack commands.

Installation:
Download the file "Astilious Interface Tweaks.zip" and unzip it.
Drop the folder "AI War 2" from inside the unzipped folder on top of your AI War 2 folder. Everything should be put where it needs to go.
If you want or need to do this yourself, put "AstiliousInterfaceTweaks.dll" in "AI War 2\AstiliousInterfaceTweaks\Bundled Mod\Astilious Interface Tweaks\AI War 2\GameData\ModdableLogicDLLs" and put the folder "AstiliousInterfaceTweaks" (the one without spaces) in XMLMods.

Known Issues:
An error pops up on startup. It can be safely ignored.

Latest Tested Game Version: 1.3
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:37:36 pm by Astilious »
Convolutional Neural Gamer.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Astilious Interface Tweaks
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 01:23:58 am »
All selected units that the enemy clicked will not get a large attack bonus against will be given a normal attack order. All other units will be given no orders at all.

I had trouble parsing this. Here it is for others, syntax highlighted.

[All selected units] that [the enemy clicked on {will not get a large attack bonus against}] will be given a normal attack order. All other units will be given no orders at all.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 01:25:41 am by Draco18s »

Offline Astilious

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 01:44:00 am »
I had trouble parsing this.

Yeah, I had trouble coming up with a nice way to say that, sorry.

Offline Astilious

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 08:36:43 pm »
Avoid planet functionality is up. Unfortunately, it's not implemented quite how I would have liked due to limitations of the modding API, as described in the updated OP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk