Author Topic: AI War Dev Diary Youtube Playlist (lots of modding details)  (Read 17837 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War Dev Diary Youtube Playlist (lots of modding details)
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:53:48 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: AI War Dev Diary Youtube Playlist (lots of modding details)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:41:59 pm »
You might want to call out which ones are the most useful for a modders, and the watching order you recommend. There's a lot of videos there!

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:20:42 am »
You might want to call out which ones are the most useful for a modders, and the watching order you recommend. There's a lot of videos there!

We can do that.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 01:25:54 pm »
Right now the stuff is mainly an FYI and working notes.  It's made for mainly the audience of either Cinth or Blue, depending.  In some cases information gets outdated and superseded by a later video, such as how we handle the LODs.

All of which is to say, when we start getting further in, I'll be making official videos that are more focused specifically for modders.  Not for a few months on that yet, though; my hope is that most people during the alpha will be aiming themselves at helping us refine the core game itself (though of course people are free to do as they wish).

Certain things are likely a moving target until EA, as far as modding goes, and the risk of breaking changes is particularly high until then.  Not that I don't want anyone to mod until EA, but I'm just letting you know where my own priorities and availability are between now and then, at least!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:25:43 pm »
Not for a few months on that yet, though; my hope is that most people during the alpha will be aiming themselves at helping us refine the core game itself (though of course people are free to do as they wish).
Yea, getting things off the ground first is important.

That said, it's very important to have folks outside our team do some early testing on (for example) the core workflow for adding new ship graphics. If there are gotchas, we want to know about those sooner than later :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:55 am »
I'm not good at graphics, but I look forward to messing with the moddable code portions of things. I want an AI that has a rapacious hunger to destroy fighters, but just somehow forgets about the fleet of bombers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk