Author Topic: What the alien races look like (leaders from Stars Beyond Reach).  (Read 16784 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: What the alien races look like (leaders from Stars Beyond Reach).
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 11:40:29 pm »
As far as I understood the lore, neinzul are insects or insects-like (despite not looking so) that live in big space-ship hves and can also live/survive in space which kind of is needed considering they have a very small life span. Otherwise space flight would be never possible for them.

Zentih seemed always like Cyborgs to me. Because of their technological advancements they could fuse themself with powerful technology, allowing to create themself massive bodies. That may be wrong but their (initial) lore and their artworks indicated this.

Spire are kind of mysterious, they sem to be... space... rocks? That's what the journal pages said. Unfortunately the artworks go in different directions. In AI War they have a crystal-like appearance and that's what I've always imagined, they are living crystals. The SBR artworks let them appear like shells however, so i don't know anymore what to believe.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 11:45:23 pm »
Zentih seemed always like Cyborgs to me. Because of their technological advancements they could fuse themself with powerful technology, allowing to create themself massive bodies. That may be wrong but their (initial) lore and their artworks indicated this.
They're living 3D printers. The giant armored forms, the weapons, the engines, everything is produced by their bodies. There's no fusion: it's GROWTH.

The Spire are rocks, yeah. Crystals really. They are actually closer to your idea about cyborgs, except the augments they fuse with are grown from crystal.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 12:36:41 am »
The Spire are space rocks enough to be awkward to diplomatically describe, at least. :P

Further than that I wouldn't really be able to describe them besides 'really likes bloom on their giant crystal ships' if things like the Spire Super Dreadnaught are anything to go by.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 01:25:31 am »
Whatever you can say about the spire, they managed to go toe to toe with the AI in its advanced form.

Compared to their peers they are doing pretty well in a military front. I have no idea about their domestic issues but they have managed to do what no one else in current lore could not.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 09:09:24 am »
The spire largely tend to be unfortunate navel-gazers... or fortunate, depending on if you think their power might be used against you.  But all that might tends to go to waste unless there's some sort of external stimulus present.  They spend a lot of time in thought.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »
regardless if stars ever gets released or not I dearly hope that the lore in it either gets put in enougher game or just released to here for us nerds to look at.
if I remember correctly Chris said at one point that the lore was going to link to tlf(and other games) in weird and wonderful ways and the idea of never getting to see this makes me very sad.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 10:52:32 am »
I completely agree.  It will see the light of day eventually in some form, don't worry!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 02:41:21 am »
I completely agree.  It will see the light of day eventually in some form, don't worry!
Real talk though, if only from a writer's perspective I'm kinda glad SBR was pushed back. Not the way it happened, but it's given me a chance to actually think things through. AI War 2's going to be the better for it.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 10:55:13 am »
Certainly understood. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk