Author Topic: Survey Software Survey  (Read 17011 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Survey Software Survey
« on: September 14, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »
Hey everyone, I recently set up a survey system for us, so if people could test it out, that would be great! We might be using this to do surveys regarding the Kickstarter, general Arcen stuff, or just random things, like what your favorite ice cream flavor is. (Okay, maybe not the last one. I'm not sure Chris would be fine with me messing like that :P)

http://arcengames.com/limesurvey/index.php/685952?lang=en

EDIT: I replaced the joke survey with the actual website survey

EDIT 2: The website survey now no longer requires you to register or anything. You can just click the link and take it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:05:53 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Survey Software Survey
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 02:49:31 pm »
like what your favorite ice cream flavor is
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »
This message may not have been sent by: [email protected]  Learn more  Report phishing

I get that in gmail as a warning at the top.

-also the buttons for next are drawn below the fold on my leftmost monitor (it's a smaller one with 1600x900).

-I wish I could see the survey results in realtime as a user, without having to wait for Arcen to release them or whatever.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 03:14:11 pm »
At the end is a link reading "test survey" which links to https://arcengames.com/survey which is 404

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:17:14 pm »

Mint chocolate swirl.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:36 pm »
At the end is a link reading "test survey" which links to https://arcengames.com/survey which is 404

Yea, I wasn't sure what that setting did, so I put it to that page. Apparently that is the page people go to when the survey is over. Reading the documentation carefully really helps make things understandable.

Mint chocolate swirl.

Excellent, now I can sell that and make millions... wait.. that wouldn't work :P

This message may not have been sent by: [email protected]  Learn more  Report phishing

-also the buttons for next are drawn below the fold on my leftmost monitor (it's a smaller one with 1600x900).

-I wish I could see the survey results in realtime as a user, without having to wait for Arcen to release them or whatever.

Let me check the email settings and see if I can sort that out. Can you provide a screenshot for the display problem? I think I figured out how to display the results to users if that is wanted. I'll have to make a new survey to test that though.

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:52:05 pm »

Let me check the email settings and see if I can sort that out. Can you provide a screenshot for the display problem? I think I figured out how to display the results to users if that is wanted. I'll have to make a new survey to test that though.

Attached.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 03:53:38 pm »
Survey two is up: https://arcengames.com/limesurvey/index.php/136112?lang=en

And I meant for the other display issue he was having :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:09:26 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 03:54:41 pm »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 03:57:02 pm »
Survey 2 (public) results:

Survey 2
Total records in survey : 2

Wowee! :P

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 04:00:06 pm »
Survey 2 (public) results:

Survey 2
Total records in survey : 2

Wowee! :P

Nope, it's 3.   :D
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 04:04:21 pm »
Stupid thing. Okay, now if you reload the statistics page you should see the individual question stats.

EDIT: For the record, Toranth was the only one who got the first question right on the first survey, and everyone got the last question right for the last survey.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:13:22 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 04:13:10 pm »
Stupid thing. Okay, now if you reload the statistics page you should see the individual question stats.

Once you leave the page, you can't go back.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 04:18:22 pm »
There, now you can take it again if you so desire. :)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »
There, now you can take it again if you so desire. :)

If you use the same invite link, you can change your answers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk