Author Topic: Excitement  (Read 12237 times)

Offline Vinco

• Jr. Member Mark II
Re: Excitement
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 07:48:15 pm »
Chris,

My best thought on publicity is to try and ride the wave from the Raptor cancellation.  I've seen a lot of articles on high-traffic sites for that.  I think that RPS and others would be primed to report on the AI War 2 kickstarter if you can provide some juicy tidbits to get them started.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 07:56:09 pm »
Yep, definitely trying to ride that wave.  They're reporting on the kickstarter already, and I just did a length interview with RPS today on a lot of topics that also touches on the kickstarter.  In the mainstream press I'm definitely going to be hitting them hard in terms of trying to get the word out about the kickstarter once it launches, because you want people to have a place to actually go and be able to sign up immediately.  For now we're getting lots of requests to be informed about the kickstarter (nothing huge, but a few dozen so far), and I'm seeing threads pop up all over the place via google alerts. 

What I really want to do is hopefully improve our outreach on social media, in particular forums, because that's where a lot of our audience is.  It's beyond impolite for me to go in and post myself, though, and generally considered kind of rude at best.  So I'm hoping that starts now some (seems to be), continues to grow as we share increasing news, and then ultimately snowballs during the kickstarter itself.  We shall see.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Vinco

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »
Another thought...  I tend to watch my Steam games for updates.  If there's any way you can make another update to the first AI War near the start of the kickstarter, you might be able to drive some traffic and mindshare from current steam owners.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »
Another thought...  I tend to watch my Steam games for updates.  If there's any way you can make another update to the first AI War near the start of the kickstarter, you might be able to drive some traffic and mindshare from current steam owners.

I don't know how good the optics would look on that.

Having an article pop up about the kickstarter would show on the game feeds though of at least AIW1 and possible the other arcen games as well.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 02:11:44 am »

This is a good idea, but I don't see why it would need to be restricted to AI War. Even if the update is "only" publicity on other arcen main's screen "VOTE FOR OUR KICKSTARTER ? PLEASE ???".

Shameless advertisement is done by others and as long as it's somewhat discrete, people won't mind.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »

I don't know how good the optics would look on that.

Having an article pop up about the kickstarter would show on the game feeds though of at least AIW1 and possible the other arcen games as well.

The optics of announcing the sequel on the original page? Completely legitimate.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk