Author Topic: Name in credits if buying through backerkit? [yes, though figuring out details]  (Read 5328 times)

Offline ballsc90

Do we still get our name in credits if we buy it through backerkit?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:29:26 am by x4000 »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Name in credits?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:36:54 am »
Yes, although I'll have to figure out some way to handle the tiering with that.  There aren't direct tiers on backerkit, so it's more about total spend I suppose.

Probably what I'll do is make some "backerkit tiers" to put people into based on that, just based on whatever the overall distribution of people is as more people buy through there.

It's a mild complexity in terms of making sure to get everyone in there fairly, but we'll get it done -- most likely after Early Access, since that's when backerkit sales will end, so we can do one export and sort at that time.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
The "mk whatever backer" on Kickstarter could lagely be broken down into price based levels, where if you bought something between $X-$Y, you fit into a given mk level. You could do the same thing on backerkit based on total amount, in which case your only difficulty will be edge cases where someone has $40 on KS and $60 more on Backerkit (which is enough to have gotten them a mk V tier on the KS itself).

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:21:01 pm »
Right.  In those cases, probably just upgrading people is the way to go.  That is probably the simplest way to do it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk