Author Topic: Backerkit purchase  (Read 11188 times)

Offline dada11dada22

Backerkit purchase
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:23:07 am »
So whens the next wave of Cd-keys coming out?
I'm so freaking excited for AI War 2.

Also how does the process for ai creation work?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:26:32 am by dada11dada22 »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Backerkit purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »
Those just went out to you now!  For reasons unknown, backerkit makes me press a button on any given day where there are orders.  Fun times. ;)

For the AI creation process, check out the modding subforum, where there's a lot of stuff that Keith has posted video-wise, and you can also see the minor faction that BadgerBadger has been creating.  His nanocaust is the first big mod for the game, and we're building it right in.  He's created a number of other GUI conveniences and things that he posted and we integrated -- anyone who wants to help with things that make their lives easier and that they want to share is welcome to do so. :)

Bear in mind that the game isn't ready for prime time yet, and there's a list of known issues in particular, but it's coming along well.  The release notes page has the best source of what's been happening lately.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline dada11dada22

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:07:03 pm »
Oh i purchased the personable ai.
Also does the steam version support linux right now?

I work overnights, its pretty slow. but i only got my linux machine there :(

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 03:21:44 pm »
Linux works fine, just don't try to change the UI resolution in game.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 10:10:17 am »
Oh i purchased the personable ai.

Ah, for the personable AI that's going to be more of a "you talk to Keith and he and you will work it out" thing.  We're not quite at that stage yet, as I'd like for you to be able to see more of the game and get a sense of it before you make your choices on that.  So no modding or anything crazy like that is required from you for that -- obviously if you want to do that sort of thing that is fine, too, but it would be unrelated to the personable AI backer reward.

For the backer rewards that involve game content, overall we want people to be able to see as much as possible before they make their choices, so that we don't have choices that trend too much toward any given average.  It's more fun for all of us if there's variety. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline lefishpilot717

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:13:24 pm »
question regarding backerkit purchases:
is access to the game currently limited to kickstarter backers right now, or do some of the backerkit tiers give access to the game?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 10:55:09 pm »
Keys go out to everyone, now. :)

Offline lefishpilot717

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 11:54:11 pm »
 :D noice!

Offline KingKillers445

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 10:40:43 am »
Pretty new to the forums here but I did make a purchase using PayPal for AI war 2 today when possible or if possible I was wondering if the package I bought was still fully implemented and if so what was the ruff time frame of receiving it if possible thank u and have a nice Sunday. :)

P.S. The bundle was EARLY BIRD Planet Proprietor just to make sure I stated it here :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 01:10:23 pm »
Hey KingKillers445!  I just got that entered into the system, and you should have an email with a survey from backerkit that asks you things like what you want your planet name to be.   After you fill that out and submit it, it will show up in my next daily report, and then I hit process and it sends you the keys, etc.  So that will be tomorrow, or you can ping me on here when you've hit submit and I can do it sooner (I get emailed immediately about forum messages, but only daily about survey submissions).

Thanks for your support!

Offline KingKillers445

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 02:42:38 pm »
I got the survey and finished it just a min ago and submitted it thank u for the timely response as well Chris I appreciate it :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 02:56:53 pm »
My pleasure!  I just locked down the survey, and you should now have an email with your keys and such.  Cheers! :)

Offline crash6674

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 04:56:56 pm »
just pre ordered on backerkit,  need a key, thanks!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 08:24:57 pm »
All set, I just locked it down and you should now have an email.  Thanks for your support!

Offline Cipherpunk

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 02:26:24 am »
I feel really dumb.

I just purchased a key on the Paypal page and I did not read it carefully enough. I bought a $20 launch backer key and my intention was to buy beta access so I could start working on modding. Is there any way I can correct my order?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk