Author Topic: Differentiation between Mark units in build menus?  (Read 4065 times)

Offline DeathMetallic

Differentiation between Mark units in build menus?
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:15:04 pm »
This is one this that so far really bugs me coming from AIW Classic. It might be that I don't understand some new mechanic but so far this is how it looks:
You have 160 V-Wings Mark III (after upgrading VWings at game start from M1 to M3). Are ALL my ships now Mark III? How does this affect Ship Caps? With AIW Classic I had a ship cap of 192 per unit, about 750 ships to start with. Now I get less than 100.

Perhaps its this from AIW that also gives me the illusion I have more types of ships (they are really just the same ship with a different Mark # appended), but it feels like in AIW 2 I can barely build any ships, even after I conquer a few planets.

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Differentiation between Mark units in build menus?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:26:43 pm »
All your existing V-wings are updated to the new, higher mark. The cap used to increase a lot with each upgrade as well, just like classic, but the rate of increase was scaled back in a recent-ish patch as part of an effort to address some severe balance issues with the power scaling of high tier units (Basically, the power level was increasing quadratically compared to the research cost). The caps for fleetships were also always lower in AIW2, since each unit is a squad rather than a single unit, but, AFIK with the intention that since the cap strength is balanced similarly, the lower cap doesn't really matter, since we would never use fleetships in quantities below dozens at the absolute minimum in classic anyway.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:28:20 pm by Lord Of Nothing »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Differentiation between Mark units in build menus?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:31:18 am »
I do agree with the sentiment that it feels like you have smaller numbers of ships compared to the first game, though, incidentally.  And that's one of the (many, many) drivers behind some changes that are coming soon.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk