Author Topic: Play as the AI DLC Idea  (Read 10078 times)

Offline ryancup123

Play as the AI DLC Idea
« on: September 16, 2016, 09:49:03 am »
It would be fun to have a DLC/Expansion Pack in which you can actually play as the AI.

It could work in multiplayer too, one person plays AI, other plays human.

The AI player could have like a anger mechanic and stuff to limit spawning and actions

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: Play as the AI DLC Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 01:35:57 pm »
I imagined a player "race" being a Rogue AI.

Guard Posts instead of turrets; Guardians instead of Starships.

High ranked on my mod-list.

EDIT:
Rogue AI = human player playing AI "race" against opponent AI (still PvE & coop).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:36:28 am by Pumpkin »
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:57 pm »
An dthen the humans show up and start wrecking the place while you can't really do anything about it.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »
An dthen the humans show up and start wrecking the place while you can't really do anything about it.
No: And then the Humans get mad at you-the-AI if you blow up nukes, magically spawn Human Avengers and crush your Home Processor.
 :P
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »
Hahaha. Fun idea but probably not. Competitive multiplayer isn't likely either.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 02:38:02 pm »
Hahaha. Fun idea but probably not. Competitive multiplayer isn't likely either.
Who talked about Competitive?
I first talked about a playable AI "race" fighting against the big AI (PvE), potentially alongside Human, Zenith, Spire, etc human-players (coop).
Then I made a joke about the player playing the AI and being crushed by a game-AI-controlled Human faction.

Yeah, speaking about AI-player and AI-faction is confusing... (But not as much as reporting an error for Kernel Panic!!)

EDIT:
It appears my tentative to imply "Competitive is so away from the original design that I pretended not seeing that and responded on the AI faction part" fell flat.
Note to self: never try to do subtle implication in foreign language when tired.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:34:22 am by Pumpkin »

Offline otoed1

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 03:55:42 pm »

This is an interesting idea, but the op seems nigh on impossible to develop.

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »

This is an interesting idea, but the op seems nigh on impossible to develop.

Not sure about that.
- Mod both AI so they're irrelevant => probably easy.
- Give "AI" player guard posts & so on instead of turrets, and other tools to spawn waves and all => easy.
- Make the "AI" player hostile to the "player" => Chris ? Please ? Free for all mode ? probably deserves a thread.

Then it's done.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:07:46 pm by kasnavada »

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 05:12:50 pm »
Playing as the AI vs whatever spire megafaction they're fighting could be fun as well...

Offline Vyndicu

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 07:42:29 am »
Playing as the AI vs whatever spire megafaction they're fighting could be fun as well...

Just pointing out that faction's final warship (thankfully not player controllable) has so much firepower it can "eat mothership" like popcorns....

That aside. I definitely like the idea of playing as AI and having to deal with pesky human/neinzul/zenith/spire stuff.

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »

Just pointing out that faction's final warship (thankfully not player controllable) has so much firepower it can "eat mothership" like popcorns....

That aside. I definitely like the idea of playing as AI and having to deal with pesky human/neinzul/zenith/spire stuff.

True, but we also know AI motherships are not the biggest guns the AI has...
(Remember the GCS?)

Offline Vyndicu

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »
I know about the GSC... I was one of the first to encounter it in beta I think. Before they toned it bit down.

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 07:25:15 pm »
I know about the GSC... I was one of the first to encounter it in beta I think. Before they toned it bit down.

Care to tell more about that? We could use stories like that for Social Media. :)
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Vyndicu

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
Care to tell more about that? We could use stories like that for Social Media. :)

It was not an exciting story however feel free to dress it up a bit.

When I first saw it. My first though was mainly to find a Achilles heel if you will. It was not easy to find something that worked short-term. I looked at everything I had available and then unlocked more. It did not help that I had no idea what to expect. Dive into the deep end first if you will. My biggest problem was time.

So I basically brought time by having one of the shipyard (one of those mk V fabricator don't' recall which one it was) that somehow escape the destruction behind GSC build ships as rapidly as they could. Each time a new ship show up behind the GSC it would stop and turn around back and waste time getting to my HQ command station.

As soon I had everything built except for that one shipyard. I threw everything at it and manage to stop it a few hops away from my HQ command station.

This was before they toned it down. Otherwise it was small game since I set the AI to 1/1 to completely focus on experience the GSC firsthand.

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 11:15:55 pm »
It was not an exciting story however feel free to dress it up a bit.

When I first saw it. My first though was mainly to find a Achilles heel if you will. It was not easy to find something that worked short-term. I looked at everything I had available and then unlocked more. It did not help that I had no idea what to expect. Dive into the deep end first if you will. My biggest problem was time.

So I basically brought time by having one of the shipyard (one of those mk V fabricator don't' recall which one it was) that somehow escape the destruction behind GSC build ships as rapidly as they could. Each time a new ship show up behind the GSC it would stop and turn around back and waste time getting to my HQ command station.

As soon I had everything built except for that one shipyard. I threw everything at it and manage to stop it a few hops away from my HQ command station.

This was before they toned it down. Otherwise it was small game since I set the AI to 1/1 to completely focus on experience the GSC firsthand.

I'm going to go and quote this over in the SM thread, but thank you for the story! That sounds like a very entertaining game.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk