Author Topic: "The End"  (Read 6666 times)

Offline Nuc_Temeron

• Newbie Mark III
"The End"
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:26:20 pm »
So, I just beat The Last Federation for the first time a few moments ago. The ending was... not thrilling. I won't spoil it for you other Arcenites out there, but yeah. Anticlimactic indeed.

I recall being disappointed each time I beat AI War as well. "The End!", and "You Won!", are good _starting points_ for the end, but I would love to see AI War II have something a bit better as a reward for finishing the game.

Give me a post-game screen that has graphs, lines, timelines, milestones. Give me different images depending on how I beat it or the settings I used. Give me a ranked Hall of Fame screen from the main menu that I can go back to some other time and look at and say "Oh yeah, I remember those campaigns."

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: "The End"
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:02:59 pm »
I'm reserving the right to personally hold Chris's feet to the fire on this. Yes absolutely, we need this.

I still kinda like TLF's various endings but they needed to throw up the charts and graphs so you can see what you did throughout.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »
Yes, the game needs to record our heroics and lavish on the praise when we win. I totally agree.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Vinco

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:38:18 pm »
If at all possible, I want to see a Civ-style recap option.

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 01:29:07 am »
I don't find the thread again.

A "trophy case" with "achievements" done inside one game was proposed, as kind of a recap. For example, it could give a medal for reclaiming a lot of ships, another one for taking 10 worlds, and so on.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:13:23 am by kasnavada »

Offline Orelius

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 02:12:35 am »
Yeah, I want a way to easily record and see what modes I've completed, how many times I've completed them, what particularly cool things I've done, total ships destroyed/lost, etc.  I really want to be able to revel in my glory after winning a game.

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »
A graph of AIP over time would be really interesting, I think.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 06:53:42 pm »
A graph of AIP over time would be really interesting, I think.
Oh, lots of charts to be made!
AIP over time, planets/systems conquered/held/lost, metal stores, metal income, metal spent, knowledge earned/spent, units, units built (cumulative), units lost (both cumulative and instantaneous), units killed (both cumulative and instantaneous), then all the unit stuff again for the AI, with type and damage breakdowns, replay on the Galaxy map as systems change hands...

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:05 pm »
Be interesting to overlay events like waves, CPAs, and exos over any time plots, also. 

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 03:40:13 am »
I think the first Age of Empire did numerical recaps. The 2 did graphs. Supreme Commander also has some interesting end-game stats (resources wasted, kills and loses for each land/air/water, etc).

I support an idea of that kind. Then we could see per-player kills/loses ratio and see who's the newb. ;P
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Clasmir

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 12:51:10 pm »
Please provide, as a default, a complete ending/stop of the AI waves when you win.  If the "lore" of the game says that the AI cores will stop once you've won, then make them actually stop.

For those people who still want endless waves after they've won, make that an option.

For those people like me who want to show some friends my final fleet (in game) after I've won....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:22:09 pm by Clasmir »

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 11:41:16 am »
In the old school Civ games it would give you a history of the game; "You expanded here. You conquered this city. You destroyed the Babyolonians, and so on" What about if after you won it would give you a quick rundown "You conquered Murdoch. The battle of Old Murdoch (battle could be any loss of over a million metal. You hacked the Superterminal. You destroyed AI 1", something like that.

Offline DevoutHaruhiist

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 11:52:20 am »
I was thinking about this the other day. What about various "story" endings based on how well you did? For example if the humans won but are exhausted with the effort then you get an ending about how they descend into savagery. Or if you have a lot of territory maybe the humans start their civil war again after defeating the AI. Just a thought.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk