Author Topic: Suggestion to tie sound volume to view distance  (Read 5835 times)

Offline abuchris

Suggestion to tie sound volume to view distance
« on: November 04, 2019, 06:27:49 am »
I've logged some hours in the game now, and I think the weakest point of the game is the sound/music.
I think the music is good.. it just doesn't fit the mood tbh. So I've turned that off.

But now I have constant pew-pew in my headset, because that's basically all this game is. It's fighting over planets. And it becomes tedious after awhile.

So my suggestion for an improvement is to make the sound tied to the view point. Zoomed all the way out, battle sounds should be like listening to a battle taking place over the horizon. dull bass thumps, and weak treble sounds.
As I zoom into the action, the lasers and explosions grow in power. This would both be immersive and more friendly for long gaming sessions.

Thank you for your consideration :)

Offline EagleMountain

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Suggestion to tie sound volume to view distance
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 06:58:54 am »
I've logged some hours in the game now, and I think the weakest point of the game is the sound/music.
I think the music is good.. it just doesn't fit the mood tbh. So I've turned that off.

But now I have constant pew-pew in my headset, because that's basically all this game is. It's fighting over planets. And it becomes tedious after awhile.

So my suggestion for an improvement is to make the sound tied to the view point. Zoomed all the way out, battle sounds should be like listening to a battle taking place over the horizon. dull bass thumps, and weak treble sounds.
As I zoom into the action, the lasers and explosions grow in power. This would both be immersive and more friendly for long gaming sessions.

Thank you for your consideration :)

I think its a great idea making the sound follow zoom-level. Can it be done?

(And I have also turned off the music)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk