Author Topic: Please keep rally posts  (Read 3647 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Please keep rally posts
« on: November 13, 2016, 05:07:54 pm »
- Rally Posts may or may not be coming back. If they're still needed they'll still be in.

Please keep rally posts. They were so useful for managing movement of fleets for defense around different planets, so they would gather at the best spot to defend that I choose, rather than at the command station or the wormhole they just came through. For me personally at least, it was a pretty critical part of how I managed fleets.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Please keep rally posts
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »
I honestly didn't use them much personally, if they are kept one change that could be made would be to have them free (if they aren't already). Realistically, you wouldn't need to create any structure to have your ships gather at specific points, you would just tell them to gather there.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:00:37 am »
I'd rather have a rally point than a rally post. As in, there's a button I press, then I press where I want units to go on the map, a pin appears there, and thats where units rally to.

Having it be an actual unit isn't really necessary. The functionality itself is handy, though.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:15:38 am »
Basically it's not the function of the post that bothers us -- but rather how to go about achieving the same functionality for you in an easier way. That may or may not be possible, hence the note in the document. We won't leave you high and dry, but hopefully during testing a better way can be found that works even better for you and is more widely usable.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 01:15:44 pm »
I'd rather have a rally point than a rally post.

This.

Offline wyvern83

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:29:10 pm »
I'd rather have a rally point than a rally post.

This.

I'll third it.

Glad to hear that something will be worked out in any case.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:45:36 pm »
Ah, good to hear it wasn't so much the mechanic's use that was being reconsidered as much as its implementation (discrete unit vs. a "point", etc).

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk