Author Topic: Idea: to allow planets, return of the platforms.  (Read 2287 times)

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
Idea: to allow planets, return of the platforms.
« on: September 08, 2016, 06:08:58 am »
If the "system with planets" idea is to be kept, then, as I understand it, there would be 3-12 "planets" per systems, with possible battles intra system.

What could be possible, at "planet" level, is that a "core" is build as an upgrade to the planet itself, much like sins does.
Then, this core allows for some defenses (basic level defenses), turrets & so on limited by energy. For simplicity's sake, they could orbit, much like they do in SOTS (my second source of inspiration for this concept).

Last, the player would have possibility to build additional defenses, which, again, would orbit planets. But, they'd be limited in number per player. For example, 5 80-slot platforms, 10 40-slots, and so on. Of course the number could be upgraded by research, and wouldn't have to start with those numbers.

I think it would alleviate a lot of concerns with both idea, and be a rather elegant solution to micro management. What do you think ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk