Author Topic: 2 questions for clarification  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
2 questions for clarification
« on: January 13, 2018, 03:24:38 pm »
1. Now that the Warden fleet is put into the game, does that take the place of special forces or are they still there?

2. The Threat (Hunter) fleet is its own faction as well. I remember watching a game-play video a few months ago (before the fleets were their own factions) where whoever was playing (one of the developers) attacked an AI planet. The player overwhelmed the AI defenses and didn't want the Guardians to get away because they would join the Threat fleet. Is that behavior still in effect? As in, do the AI Sentinels ships run from a engagement they can't win or do they fight to the death? If they do retreat to join a threat fleet, how does that work with a faction in the game that does this already?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:27:30 pm by Ovalcircle1 »
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: 2 questions for clarification
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:41:29 pm »
Keith can answer in vastly more detail, but:

1. Yes, the Warden fleet is basically just a renamed special forces group. See the older release notes for how all that works, but basically there are resources given from the sentinels to the wardens. The wardens have an independent military mind, but their economy is subordinate to whatever the sentinels hand them, to my recollection.

2. This isn't really an issue either way. The sentinels do retreat, and you can see that in the video I made. But they have their own rules about that. Extra stuff that would have been "threatfleet" in the first game is I believe donated from the sentinels to the hunters. So the ships change color, which is handy, but it's the same ships now under new command. Something to that effect, anyway. The older release notes break it down to every last detail.

Hope that helps! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:53:49 pm »
Thanks, it does. The part I was really confused about was the Threat fleet, with the ships doing the same thing. I was thinking that they would change color, but I didn't want to assume anything so I asked.
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 03:57:22 pm »
Yep, all correct :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:40:58 pm »
Always good to check. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk