Author Topic: AI Territories  (Read 7406 times)

Offline Elestan

• Full Member Mark II
AI Territories
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:34:34 am »
I haven't read through all of the lore, but my understanding is that the AIs came from a Human vs. Human war where both sides used an AI, and then the AIs rebelled.

If that's the case, then shouldn't the territory of the two AIs each be more contiguous, instead of completely mixed up?

Regardless, I'd enjoy being able to try playing in such a galaxy, at least as an option.

Offline Steelpoint

• Newbie Mark III
Re: AI Territories
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:49:34 am »
From a lore standpoint you could likely be correct.

But from a game play stand point it may not be exciting to have the galaxy carved up 50/50 in a line between the two AIs. Since each AI would bring something different to the table and thus having them mixed up makes for a more varied game play.

Offline Elestan

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »
Since each AI would bring something different to the table and thus having them mixed up makes for a more varied game play.

But one could also say that mixing them up makes them blur together, from a strategic perspective; there will be a mix of both types anywhere you go.  If there are contiguous areas of territory for each one, then those two areas will each feel very distinct.

I'm mainly looking for this as an option, not as the only (or even the default) arrangement.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:25:32 pm by Elestan »

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:35:26 pm »
Technically, nothing says the two AIs we are facing in AI War Classic are the ones of the two sides of the Human civil war. They may have been made by The Core (with Human technology, for sure), who is not a part of that civil war.

Spoiler: Fallen Spire and Exodian Blade.

About AI contiguous territories, I noted that in my ideas list, a while ago, as a plot, option or something. I imagine playing with that on and against a one-way doormaster, a gravity driller, a fortress baron/king, etc. I also imagined that against a scorched earth and passed out.
 :D
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 12:39:50 pm »
The setup I will never again do was Scorched Earth + Stealth Master.

It was an exercise in futility.  If I could see it, I couldn't have it.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 01:06:26 pm »
It was an exercise in futility.  If I could see it, I couldn't have it.
Made me laugh!
:D
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk