General Category > AI War II - AI Discussion

AI concepts: Glitchy sub-routines

(1/3) > >>

Cinth:
Have you ever wondered what it's like inside the studio?  I'm about to reveal portions of a email (ok, it's the whole email) about the birth of this particular new idea.  And it's totally not from inside the studio.  :D

--- Quote from: Cinth ---Glitchy sub-routines

Most likely a product of poor programming, these sub-routines have an unpredictable outcome when triggered.

The AI has main components, Sub-Commanders (a nasty addition that is basically an upgraded command center with attitude and planetary characteristics), but nothing on the "this code is buggy so we'll comment it out except we forgot to comment it out" side.  These could be akin to minor factions of the AI except have some varied result when the player interacts with them.

These could be as weird as having homeworld styled defenses, accelerated troop productions, or even an evacuation order.

Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk

This is where experimental AI code that should have been deleted goes to die (a virus in containment).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: x4000 ---That's hilarious and awesome. :)  Should go... somewhere... so that I can sort that into the main document later. 
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Cinth --- On the forum so that pain... errr... hilarity can be spread about.
I mean, how would you react if you flew into AI space and the first thing you noticed was ships streaming out of producers and bee lining to the nearest AI wormhole (combination glitches).  OMG wow errr... that's a lot of new threat is what comes to mind :D
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: x4000 ---Yeah, things like that could be hilarious and awesome and provide all sorts of new challenges.

--- End quote ---

PokerChen:
Ah, hmm... I thought the Bionic Dues AIs were supposed to be stamped out after ten thousand years or so...?

Cinth:

--- Quote from: zharmad on September 15, 2016, 04:25:14 pm ---Ah, hmm... I thought the Bionic Dues AIs were supposed to be stamped out after ten thousand years or so...?

--- End quote ---

In an ever evolving program there are bound to be errors or corrupted data or really this could just be fun things that create interesting havoc on a few planets.

skrutsch:
Great idea, I'm definitely pro-havoc!

Tridus:
New hacking ability - temporarily install a glitchy subroutine into the AI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version