Author Topic: Zenith mirrors -- why not reflecting?  (Read 5955 times)

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
Zenith mirrors -- why not reflecting?
« on: January 11, 2010, 02:45:30 pm »
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not:

Should Zenith Mirror ship reflect all the shots that hit it (except missiles) or there is some %-age chance for that?

I have just suicided one mirror against small turret group and from 4 laser turrets there only two got damaged back. And at least 6 laser shots did hit the Zenith Mirror.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: (2.600) Zenith mirrors
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:29 pm »
Mirrors have a maximum range, and if the thing that shot them is outside their range, they can't fire back.  Since turrets have such huge ranges oftentimes, I am guessing that the turret was simply out of range and thus that is why the mirror did not fire back.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Zenith mirrors -- why not reflecting?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:42 pm »
Ok - it would be good if this was written in description since I was puzzled about them for some time.

Also they seem quite weak - unless it's hard to see them in action actually in large battles.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Zenith mirrors -- why not reflecting?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:11:31 pm »
Ok - it would be good if this was written in description since I was puzzled about them for some time.

Also they seem quite weak - unless it's hard to see them in action actually in large battles.

I have added that to the description.  And, don't worry about mirrors being too weak (that I am aware of).  If anything, they are the terror of the expansion, or at least were for some time.  They are less powerful now, but still a formidable unit especially in the midst of battle.  They won't do super well against turrets, though.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk