Author Topic: Updating the Wiki  (Read 49589 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Updating the Wiki
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »
Okay.

Changes made to the navigation section on the ship names. Note that several of the links are not updated yet. This work for naming the ships? I used the names as they appear in game in the ship description box.

I still left the 'AI' off of ship names as that means the ship is AI controlled, not actually named 'AI'. The same with the 'Core' in Core Guard Posts.

Also, is there a quick way to get a list of ships with multiple shots? I don't see anything in the data files and I'm pretty sure a couple of the ships I've made pages for have that and I've missed it.

D.
Do the excel secondaries not list NumberOfSecondaryShots?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 08:22:24 pm »
Okay.

Changes made to the navigation section on the ship names. Note that several of the links are not updated yet. This work for naming the ships? I used the names as they appear in game in the ship description box.

I still left the 'AI' off of ship names as that means the ship is AI controlled, not actually named 'AI'. The same with the 'Core' in Core Guard Posts.

Also, is there a quick way to get a list of ships with multiple shots? I don't see anything in the data files and I'm pretty sure a couple of the ships I've made pages for have that and I've missed it.

D.
Do the excel secondaries not list NumberOfSecondaryShots?

I don't see a column named anything like that. The closest thing I can find is a column named HighestBonus but as that has decimal numbers in it, it's not that.

D.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »
Ok, I've added some columns to the reference export for 5.027, and I've asked Chris to push 5.027 out tomorrow; I'm not sure if he'll have time but he usually has for the monday morning releases :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »
Alright, I really appreciate that.

I'll dig into it as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Off to make more pages.

D.

Offline Bognor

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 11:56:40 pm »
Dazio, you might find the spreadsheet I just uploaded here helpful, though it doesn't explicitly list shots per volley.

Also, I agree with the others about page titles being the ship's full name.
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:40 am »
Except the only data I'm missing is the shots per volley, I'm pretty sure I've got everything else I need.

And at this point, the name change-over should be done. If you find something I missed please point it out.

D.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:50 am »
I've updated the Youngling Mimic/Nanoswarm pic on the wiki, since you noted that it was the wrong picture.
= = =
EDIT: I've started a Mantis-BT for ship descriptions that should be updated with the new stats. I'm guessing, for example, that deflector drones used to have an electrical attack, and armour-boosters used to be better fighters.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=6037

= = =
EDIT2:
 - Where are the Eye-Bots in the wiki?
 - Parasite Vs exist, but they are named CoreLeech in the system. These discrepancies seem fairly common, should we start a Mantis asking for a more consistent naming scheme?
 - Done up to Grenade Launcher, excepting Armor ships and Autocannon Minipods.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:31:09 am by zharmad »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 08:42:20 am »
- Parasite Vs exist, but they are named CoreLeech in the system. These discrepancies seem fairly common, should we start a Mantis asking for a more consistent naming scheme?
The internal ForegroundObjectType enum names are entirely for our on purposes and won't be changed for readability :)  But if that's all you're seeing in a given place we can add the ShortName and/or WaveName, like I did for the reference export for 5.027.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 09:40:26 am »
FYI, I updated the forum post with the balance export: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,9726.0.html

5.027 won't be out this morning (not sure when it will be), but that's the new export (I added the category column manually).  DL the file from that post if you want all the columns as I left some out of the table.

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 10:01:15 am »
Thanks keith, I'll see what I can do with that.

And thank you also zharmad. At this point I'm just copy-pasting the pages in to get them made, I'm not actually looking at the page contents at this moment.

Hmmm, how did I miss the eye-bot? Added to the navigation, will create the page soon.
And it's named CoreLeech? Hmm, I'll look into that. If some Mk V ships are named core I may have missed others.

D.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 10:12:26 am »
Hmmm, how did I miss the eye-bot?
It was cloaked!

*Rimshot*

*Is Shot

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 05:27:53 pm »
What? You mean my steely eyed tachyon stare actually missed something?

Inconceivable!  >:(

(I don't that that word means what you think it means.....)

Anyways, all ships with multiple shots should now be updated.

D.

edit: Fleet ships are done. Let me know if you guys find anything out of whack.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:15:16 pm by Dazio »

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:54 am »
Alright.

Fleet ships done and all but 2 turrets done also.

Updated my questions on my first post also.

To be continued....

D.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 09:53:58 am »
What are the boost calculations? Armor/Munitions?
I'm not sure I understand.  You mean how much does each boost, or what impact does that boost have?  I believe all of them are listed as additive percents, so +30% munitions boost means that the attack is multipied by 1.3 during that step in the computation.  Or are you interested in exactly when that happens?  It is post-armor (and post-armor-boosting), for instance.  I don't have the time right this moment, but I could dig through the code and post the full computation order of attack power, if that's what you're looking for.

What are the ranges on counter turrets?
Listed somewhere in the game? :)  Or not?

How many targets does a flak turret hit?
That's now in the reference export as number of targets hit per shot, but since 5.027 isn't out yet: 4+1*mk.

Someone check the Heavy Beam Cannon page for me please?
I looked at it, and the numbers sound familiar.  Is there something specific to check?

Thanks for all the work :)

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:50 pm »
What are the boost calculations? Armor/Munitions?
I'm not sure I understand.  You mean how much does each boost, or what impact does that boost have?  I believe all of them are listed as additive percents, so +30% munitions boost means that the attack is multipied by 1.3 during that step in the computation.  Or are you interested in exactly when that happens?  It is post-armor (and post-armor-boosting), for instance.  I don't have the time right this moment, but I could dig through the code and post the full computation order of attack power, if that's what you're looking for.
Was more looking for the number of targets each ship boosts. I know it's capped but no clue how many.

What are the ranges on counter turrets?
Listed somewhere in the game? :)  Or not?
Ranges are not listed anywhere in game or in the data files that I can see.

How many targets does a flak turret hit?
That's now in the reference export as number of targets hit per shot, but since 5.027 isn't out yet: 4+1*mk.
Thank you.

Someone check the Heavy Beam Cannon page for me please?
I looked at it, and the numbers sound familiar.  Is there something specific to check?
Nope, just the HBC's stats looked off, especially the cap dps but it seems to match up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk