General Category > AI War Classic

This AI is awesome.

(1/68) > >>

liq3:
This is a thread about how awesome the AI is. Lets share stories about it here. :D I'll start.

Alright, I'm playing a game with PhonSiE. I'm assaulting the AI's planet, got a beach head set up, taken out the gate/comm station and I'm bringing in a colony ship. I start building my comm station, all is going well. Then I notice 2 Mark III Force Fields coming my way.

I laugh. I'm thinking "What are 2 puny force fields gonna do?". Boy was I wrong.

So, the force-fields slowly make their way to my comm station. I have no where near enough forces to kill them. Now, get this. They drive over my Comm Station... AND THEN THEY BRING IN ATTACKING UNITS. I was like "OMFG". The AI provided a shield for it's small amount of units (only like 6!) to kill my comm station. I was flabbergasted. Not only that, but they were blocking the wormhole, so I couldn't even retreat!

THEN while I was trying to get out, IT SENT A WAVE AT MY HOME STATION. I can't remember, but I think it may have even killed it. :(

This AI is just amazing.

Revenantus:
Here's a screenshot from a game involving liq3, PhonSiE, Fiskbit, and myself. This is towards the end of a defense of PhonSiE's homeworld against a 5000 strong AI invasion force - we succeeded. Never have I had a much fun with an RTS as this game.

When Fiskbit asked me if I could test multiplayer with him earlier, I didn't expect to be up until 5 am. Totally worth it. :D

Fiskbit:
Awesome, liq3. Did it intentionally block the wormhole, or was that a side effect of going at the command station? I'd love to see this as an actual tactic, if it only happened by chance.

Great story. :) I agree that it's been acting very clever in recently prereleases. Definitely impressive.

liq3:

--- Quote from: Fiskbit on August 23, 2009, 12:23:15 am ---Awesome, liq3. Did it intentionally block the wormhole, or was that a side effect of going at the command station? I'd love to see this as an actual tactic, if it only happened by chance.

Great story. :) I agree that it's been acting very clever in recently prereleases. Definitely impressive.

--- End quote ---
I think it was a side effect of going at the command station, since I put them right next to wormholes.

Fiskbit:
Rev and I took screenshots of the same thing within a minute of each other. :) I'm pretty amused by this. I also took one with the combat lines, since I thought it looked pretty epic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version