Author Topic: This AI is awesome.  (Read 218377 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
Re: This AI is awesome.
« Reply #330 on: December 25, 2014, 06:11:16 pm »
When the AI deploys just enough of it's strategic reserve to keep me busy long enough for that Raid engine to send another wave before my fleet can reach it.

dumb luck or devious tactics...

Offline babautz

« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:45 am »
I'm in my third coop game. Suddenly i hear an explosion noise. And another. And another. Every 20 seconds or so there is this strange explosion noise and me and my coop partner are confused. What is happening? We see no alerts or messages, nothing bad is happening in our systems. Is this a bug? I was googling like mad, but didn't find anything useful. So we decided to just ignore it for now and continue playing.
After a while we noticed our scouts are dying and suddenly we get notfications about something called "EMP Guardian". What happened is there was this small fleet with said guardian. They went from AI System to AI System, fired the guardians weapons and proceded to kill all the scouts they could find. That devious little smart bastard! I love it!

But a small advice to the developers: New players are really confused by those noises. We were like: What does the game try to tell us? Do we have to do something? Is the game bugged? Maybe the game shouldnt play those explosion noises, if the player cant even see the Guardian.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2015, 11:23:21 pm »
I say keep them. They were enough to alert you that something was wrong, weren't they? I find them useful to let me know if my ships are being destroyed somewhere.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2015, 09:18:49 am »
Aren't EMP guardians the other kind that gets a little popup message when they spawn, like Warpgate guardians?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2015, 01:33:12 pm »
Aren't EMP guardians the other kind that gets a little popup message when they spawn, like Warpgate guardians?
Only think they pop up when they are on the planet you are watching.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline undefind

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2015, 02:55:39 am »
just got back into the game after about 2 years and thought i would chime in.

EMP guardians plus sniper guardians=instant death. seriously, i was a good way through an 8/8 game and gave up after i realized this combo meant certain death. the only way i managed to counter it was by putting my fleet inside transports on a planet that i thought the ai would hit next, then unloading the transport right after the guardians showed up. i still lost the command station but the attacking force was dealt with. unfortunately, this didn't stop the ai from doing it again, and again. so, not wanting to deal with it i just gave up.
The hot-key to paste something after copying is not CTRL+"comma"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk