Author Topic: This AI is awesome.  (Read 219057 times)

Offline Bognor

Re: This AI is awesome.
« Reply #315 on: January 01, 2014, 07:15:53 am »
probably neglecting to count silly people like me ;)

But really, a lot of new people, and a lot of posts have happened since then..
Even without you, after adding Draco and Anklyon and Volatar and a bunch of others I found by searching "dorf", it's still clear that well over 50% of all posts on these forums have been made by DF fans.
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline Saya

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:39 am »
So,
Steam achievements hunting, 120 planets, X shaped, trains, resistances, marauders, shark, hybrids, advanced hybrids... you get the picture.
both AI on diff 7, vanilla, protector starship as starting bonus for maximum cheese.

For some reason I thought going for the Spire city early would make things easier due to added firepower. First mistake.
Trying advanced hybrids for the first time with so much already enabled was the second mistake.

First Spire city secured, chokepoint ready, I'm about to start pushing.
Spire exo declare I stick the fleet around as a normal wave will happen about 30 sec after the exo.
Exo timer reach 0, nothing happen, regular wave timer reach 0 as well, about 200 ships, easy peasy.
Tons of AI ship start jumping in, exo probably ran into traffic or something, it's okay I can take it, hybrids and friends jump as well, Boy I'm glad to have the fleet around, It could go better but everything holding.
Then a Black Widow golem decide to show up and take my ships on an adventure.
Fleet can't hold anymore, defense starting to fall apart, I retreat what I can and hope for the best.
Command station destroyed. Suddenly remember I had both shark enabled for the achievements. AI engage ramming speed and crush the pathetic line of defense I build in a hurry.
YOU DI-wait wrong game YOU HAVE LOST.

Somewhere in space I can hear Shodan and HK-47 making jokes about meatbags.

Also first post despite owning the game before the first expansion was even a thing yay \o/.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2014, 10:59:29 am »
Somewhere in space I can hear Shodan and HK-47 making jokes about meatbags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4URGepaLIzk

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2014, 06:44:58 am »
I just found out what Neinzul Bomber Clusters and EMP Guardians do.  At the same time.

After destroying the bomber cluster and seeing all those bombers pour out, I order my forces to retreat thinking that I would just wait the 4 minutes for the bombers to kill themselves.  I had sufficient defenses.  Then the EMP guardian entered my system as well and everything stopped working.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2014, 10:42:14 pm »
I thought I'd have time to get the fleet home in time. That's when the AI routed the Shark plot through the Warp Jumping subroutine, and a black widow golem appeared literally in range of the home ff net. Death ensued.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2014, 03:32:10 am »
Wow. My current co-op game reminded me just how good the AI is at split attacks and effective use of raiding ships (raid starships, infiltration guardians, etc).

So many times we managed to overcome a big force on one planet, just for the AI to sneak in a raid starship somewhere else and take out a Z power generator or something else important.

Offline GhoulMX

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #321 on: September 08, 2014, 06:36:20 pm »
I think I know who is behind Skynet!!!   =D Great game yes indeed. I still have to expirience what you all are talking about. I cant wait to have my moment! >D

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »
The best part of this AI is that it's not predicitble. In most games you can always tell what action triggers what action and you can force your way through the predicitible AI.
In AI War however the AI analyzes your behaviour and and realizes when you try to use the same tactic.

I've never seen such a good AI in any game without being the unfair "I know what you do before you do it" AI that some games use.

Offline ludsoe

« Reply #323 on: September 11, 2014, 03:01:37 pm »

Lets take out Nomad 1! Lets see oh its shielded by 5 shield guard posts, Ill just use bombers.... Oh wait Swarms of fighters. Lets use Plasma siege! Oh wait 3 anti starship guard posts. Ill bring them in cloaked! Oh the command center will cloak them. This is just wrong.... Who taught the Ai to develop such a evil defense strategy. Its impossible to assault without taking on HEAVY losses.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2014, 03:06:58 pm »
Warheads?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RockyBst

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2014, 05:14:55 pm »
Core Warhead Interceptors (Admittedly, fairly easy to handle)

This is a fun game!

EDIT: Oh wait this isn't a homeworld, just one with a tachyon command station. Missiles will still likely get blasted out of the sky, so I suggest either an artillery golem or some futzing with spirecraft jumpships.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:17:16 pm by RockyBst »

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »
Thats a "nice" Rude Gesture and on a nomad :D

Grats on nice rng meeting ludsoe ;)

If you can enter it far from this blob I'd recommend healthy dose of snipers. If you have spiders around they will be glad to join the party. Only requirement is to get it into supply but thats quite doable with nomad.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2014, 02:53:53 pm »
Lets take out Nomad 1! Lets see oh its shielded by 5 shield guard posts, Ill just use bombers.... Oh wait Swarms of fighters. Lets use Plasma siege! Oh wait 3 anti starship guard posts. Ill bring them in cloaked! Oh the command center will cloak them. This is just wrong.... Who taught the Ai to develop such a evil defense strategy. Its impossible to assault without taking on HEAVY losses.
Beachhead it with Sniper and Missile Turrets and use Mark >= II Needler Turrets to bring down the shields.
It should be fairly effective and cheap.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:54 pm »
Cross Planet Attack + Exo wave + normal wave = "You have lost"...

...I knew I should of built more warheads. :P

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2014, 11:52:29 pm »
Cross Planet Attack + Exo wave + normal wave = "You have lost"...

...I knew I should of built more warheads. :P
Nowadays I always keep full caps of Warheads at all times. Except early game of course. Sine Mark I Cloaker Starship can only cloak 20 Warheads I always unlock Mark IIs.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk