Author Topic: Temporary Release Notes Storage  (Read 13424 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Temporary Release Notes Storage
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:36:51 pm »
Our wiki is of the opinion that it shouldn't be edited right now (some funny business with session tracking, it seems) so I'm keeping these here until that's sorted out.

== 7.009 ==

* Fixed a bug where 7.008 wasn't reading in some recent saves correctly (looking for "True" or "False" instead of "1" or "0" on some of the "has this planet had this hack before" flags), causing those saves to not be playable.
** Thanks to Zair for the report and save.

== 7.008 More Dirty Tricks ==

* Spirecraft Scouts no longer count as "major weapons" (like all other spirecraft) for the purpose of alerting planets.  So in general they shouldn't cause much alert.
** Thanks to TechSY730 and many others for inspiring this change.

=== Hacking, Round 3 ===

* Added new type of placeable for the Hacker: Sabotage Hacker
** In-game description:
*** Only works on a planet with an intact AI command station, but hacks into that station's network to destroy an important AI-controlled structure on the planet.  Eligible targets include fortresses, forcefields, ion cannons, mass drivers, warhead interceptors, armor inhibitors/boosters, blackhole machines, distribution nodes, Zenith reserves, interplanetary munitions boosters, raid engines, alarm posts, radar jammers, gravity drills, troop accelerators, and AI Eyes.
*** If more than one eligible target is present on the planet, the one closest to the hacker will be destroyed.  If multiple sabotage hackers are used, each will destroy a separate target.
*** The AI will notice the hacking in progress and respond against your units both on that planet and nearby.
*** NOTE: Successfully destroying a unit via sabotage reduces your Hacking-Progress by 2.  Each hack after that costs 1.5x the previous.

* Added new type of placeable for the Hacker: Sensor Hacker
** In-game description:
*** Only works on a planet with an intact AI command station, but hacks into that station's network to  disrupt the entire local AI sensor net.  This grants all human ships on the planet the normal cloaking ability and suppresses all AI tachyon sources.  All normal "must recharge cloak after firing" rules still apply.  In addition, all AI cloaked/camouflaged units are revealed for the duration of the hack.
*** The hack takes 30 seconds to start, and lasts for 35 seconds.  Further sensor hacks during that time (by the original hacker or another one) simply refresh the duration, but also trigger the hacking-progress cost again.
*** The AI will notice the hacking in progress and respond both on that planet and nearby.
*** NOTE: Successfully performing a sensor-hack reduces your Hacking-Progress by 10.  Each hack after that costs 1.5x the previous.

* Fixed a bug where the hacking response logic that was supposed to trigger a 30-second wave against the planet being hacked would instead do warp-anywhere logic if that particular planet was ineligible for normal waves.  Counterwaves are valid hacking responses too (at a certain point) but are supposed to give 4 minutes warning.
** Thanks to Zeyrun, Eternaly_Lost, and others for reporting.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:11:20 pm by keith.lamothe »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
Re: Temporary Release Notes Storage
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:48:02 pm »
Does destroying AI buildings with hacking incur the AIP increase that would come by shooting it?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »
Does destroying AI buildings with hacking incur the AIP increase that would come by shooting it?
No, and it should make a note of that, thanks.

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:15:46 pm »
Our wiki is of the opinion that it shouldn't be edited right now (some funny business with session tracking, it seems) so I'm keeping these here until that's sorted out.

[dumb_suggestion]
Um, have you tried rebooting it?
[/dumb_suggestion]

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 07:45:26 am »

[dumb_suggestion]
[/dumb_suggestion]

"Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:14:40 am »

[dumb_suggestion]
[/dumb_suggestion]

Have you checked to make sure it's plugged in?

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:42 am »

[dumb_suggestion]
[/dumb_suggestion]

Have you checked to make sure it's plugged in?
Is there a glowing light on the big thing on the floor?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12:18 am »
Is there a glowing light on the big thing on the floor?

I'm sure we all know where this is coming from.  But have you tried sticking it up your arse?

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:16 pm »
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk