Author Topic: Tell me about Golems  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Sunshine!

• Sr. Member Mark III
Tell me about Golems
« on: August 19, 2010, 06:49:05 pm »
I have some golems I'm considering using in my current game, but I'm not sure what changes have been made to them in the recent betas.

Do golems still cost AIP to repair, and do they cause AIP when they die?  Does AI still reinforce a bunch on planet entrance, or is it just down to the 3x waves (against that planet or all my planets?)

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
Re: Tell me about Golems
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:17:56 pm »
They don't incur any AIP; they can give both reinforcements and cause amplification in wave size.
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:11 pm »
I am not sure what the exact state of the golems are at the moment, but the pop-up should be correct for the version you are using in terms of what the AI reinforcements do.

This may require you to save, activate the golem to see the tooltip, then reload the save if the conditions are not what you expected.

One thing that is NOT on the ship tool tip is that the golems use the AI's supply. not human supply. If a golem is not in the same system as, or within one hop of a AI structure that is Warp Gate (Full), so AI command stations don't count, it is considered out of supply and will not fire.

D.

Offline Sunshine!

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »
It just says 3x wave size, no mention of AI reinforcements, AIP for repairing, AIP for dying.  This is 3.183.

Offline Fleet

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:48:55 pm »
The AIP is out for sure. I believe very recently I heard talk about the reinforcement multiplier being removed as well.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »
The AIP is out for sure. I believe very recently I heard talk about the reinforcement multiplier being removed as well.

It was downed very significantly, but it's not completely gone.  That one modifier doesn't show in the interface, actually.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:36:19 pm »
Do they still prompt immediate reinforcement, as well has having the (now smaller) reinforcement multiplier?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 08:50:47 pm »
Do they still prompt immediate reinforcement, as well has having the (now smaller) reinforcement multiplier?

I believe they do, yes.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:53:38 pm »

I believe they do, yes.

Good, I kind of like that. The notion of the AI seeing something entering the system, going "oh crap!" and immediately reinforcing amuses me.  ;D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:07:04 pm »
Ditto. :)

Offline Kjara

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 11:01:23 pm »
As a small note, rather than repairing to check, you can hit f1 to cycle through pages on unit info on the right side of the screen(where the current ships on the planet show up), and all of the golems show up on one of those screens.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk