Author Topic: Minor Harvester Issue (Cheap Trick?)  (Read 810 times)

Offline corfe83

Minor Harvester Issue (Cheap Trick?)
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:22:01 pm »
Occasionally I end up in a situation where AI ships run rampant all over one of my planets, destroying my harvesters. I'm sure this situation isn't entirely foreign to the rest of you :)

Though auto-rebuild doesn't rebuild my harvesters until all enemy ships are dead, I've often found it's worthwhile to rebuild my harvesters manually (with ctrl+click) even while enemy ships are attacking. Some of the harvesters will get killed while building, of course. The harvesters that get shot, waste a decent amount of enemy time (and some ammo) getting to the ~100 HP harvester, and don't cost me hardly any resources. The harvesters that don't get shot, finish rebuilding quicker once the threat goes away. So either way, I feel I benefited from the action.

Should auto-rebuild just happen automatically every 10 seconds, regardless of enemy ships on the planet, to reduce micromanagement? Or is this a cheap trick I'm taking advantage of?

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
Re: Minor Harvester Issue (Cheap Trick?)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:40 am »
My thoughts are the same; harvesters are maniacally prioritized by the AI that they are nice as bait and distraction while you deal with the forces.
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk