Author Topic: Getting into the game and Expansions  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Atalanto

Getting into the game and Expansions
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:10 am »
Quick question, I am having a little bit of difficulty wrapping my head around everything, but most of my games tend to last less than 2 hours before I feel like i really have no clue what I am doing and restart. Do you think I should play my first play though without any of the DLC on so I can run though the game in the most simple, vanilla way, or will it not make too much of a difference and I just have to power through and learn the new mechanics as I go? I've been reading more and more of the wiki and slowly think I am going to "get it" soon, but I was hoping if you guys could let me know if doing this would make the first steps a little easier or not.

Offline _K_

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Getting into the game and Expansions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »
Not having any idea what to do is not very related to the expansions you use. I mean, they do add to confusion, but they are probably not the reason.

The only expansion that really changes the way the game plays is The Light of Spire, and you can just ignore the spire storyline anyway.

If you dont know what to do, there is an "objectives" tab in the "stats" manu, you can see some suggestions there. Or you can just go kill the AI. Oh, you cant kill the AI homes because of the shield generators? Then go kill those, grabbing whatever systems you can along the way. Get stuck on some fortified system? Try warheads, or maybe spirecraft or golems, if you have those enabled. Or go hack something. Or stock on mercenaries and then attack with these.

Offline Atalanto

Re: Getting into the game and Expansions
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:18:45 pm »
Thanks, seems like I am just going to go with the keep trying and slowly learn approach. Watching some youtube playthroughs will probably be a good idea as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk