Author Topic: Strange Waves Deepstriking Me  (Read 1642 times)

Offline DinosaurVet

• Newbie Mark II
Strange Waves Deepstriking Me
« on: August 01, 2015, 12:12:26 pm »
I just finished a Spire Campaign on 7/7 difficulty and thought I'd reload a save and go for the gold and use my Spire fleet to take the entire Galaxy instead of the standard way.  I'm making good progress, but I've noticed the AI is starting to teleport huge waves to one system in particular.  It's a system directly adjacent to the first homeworld I took.

The AI has paths to my systems and there are warp gates present on all the border worlds; however, there are only three of my worlds they can attack due to chokepoints.  One of those is the Exo-Galactic wormhole on the homeworld I took.  Warp Relays are not enabled.  They are actual announced waves and they are spawning from the edge of the gravity well, not a wormhole.

I was handling the waves for a while, but they just dropped 14,000 Tachyon Microfighters through that backdoor. :o

Offline Imago

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Strange Waves Deepstriking Me
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 03:18:54 am »
If a wave targets a system with no hostile wormholes, it will spawn from the edge of the system instead. This is generally only possible with exoholes, since you can't take systems without destroying their warp gates. (Note that the exohole itself counts as a hostile wormhole for this, so it can only happen in systems adjacent to an exohole.)

This is why if you're playing against a backdoor hacker it's a good idea to leave at least one hostile system adjacent to every system neighboring your homeworld, or waves will start spawning at random positions in those systems.

As to why you're only getting waves there, either it's bad luck or that's the only system adjacent to a warp gate. It's not 100% clear from your description if that's the case or not.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:22:27 am by Imago »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:50:44 am »
Its the exogalactic wormhole.  It counts as both a warpgate and a wormhole, so it can absolutely attack neighboring planets.

I discovered this the hard way with a backdoor hacker not too long ago (ok, ok, six months!)

Offline DinosaurVet

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:10:35 am »
Ok.  It was a fun attempt anyway.  Thanks for the information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk