Author Topic: Encapsulated/AI Co-Processors  (Read 9124 times)

Offline Commander Killswitch

Encapsulated/AI Co-Processors
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:50:16 pm »
Hey all,

I rolled up a 40 planet encapsulated map and I picked the system where the ring and the larger circle of systems connect. I also had spire civilian leaders active. Two of the three (both on the ring) neighboring systems had AI Co-Processors. I took them early and obviously my AIP ballooned quickly, hampered further by the first tick of captive civilian leaders. An hour passed and I was nearing 100AIP. Now I'm nearing 5 hours with 9 planets and 246 AIP, accidentally destroyed a liberated civilian outpost, and there's still a bunch out there. What sucks is feel like I've got my military and defenses in a good position, but I've managed my AIP poorly. What's the best way forward? Try and deep strike the last two AI-Coprocessors? I've only got a few games under my belt so I'm not entirely sure about deepstrike mechanics, but I'm not sure if a very slow and systematic carving of connected territory like I usually do will work.

Thanks!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Encapsulated/AI Co-Processors
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 11:13:28 pm »
So one thing about Spire Civilian Leaders is you don't need to capture the planets, you just have to kill the Command Station on those planets to make the planets neutral. My advice would be to deepstrike to take out the Spire Civilian Leader planets, then play defense until you can bring the AI Progress under control.

That said, I was never very good at AIWC.....

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Encapsulated/AI Co-Processors
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 11:32:54 pm »
Knocking out the command centers so the civilian leaders can stop increasing AIP which is a good start. Grab them later as you are able but don't rush it.

246 AIP is not game breaking, be calm and work through lowering the AIP.
Life is short. Have fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk