Author Topic: Spire Starship Buff and Spire Hammer AI  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Full Member Mark II
Spire Starship Buff and Spire Hammer AI
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »
Well, the recent-ish buffs to the Spire Capital Ships did their job.  Spire Hammer is now made entirely of !!fun!!

Before I saw the Spire Frigate as being just another MKI Starship.  Now I see it as being more of a MKIII - it murders MKI stuff.

While it can't slaughter fleetships and turrets the same way because they spread themselves out so, those same turrets and fleetships only scratch the paint.  I have yet to kill a Spire Frigate post-buff because the thing retreats back out of the wormhole before I can kill it.  So each and every attack wave results in an additional Spire Frigate added to threat.  Depending on personal tastes, this may or may not be a good thing.

And then the darn frigate sets up a warp relay by itself.  All of this on Diff 7.  I just gave up after that.

The worse part is that I still haven't ever seen a Spire Destroyer before, nor do I want to  :(

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Re: Spire Starship Buff and Spire Hammer AI
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:28:01 pm »
Aren't destroyers the first ones that get modules? Or is that the next step up in the spire fleet?

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:02:48 pm »
Spire Destroyers are in fact the first Spire City vessels to have access to modules.

Offline Bognor

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 05:07:41 am »
I have yet to kill a Spire Frigate post-buff because the thing retreats back out of the wormhole before I can kill it.  So each and every attack wave results in an additional Spire Frigate added to threat.
Have you tried using a force field to cover your side of the wormhole?  Advanced Warp Sensors are good for telling you which wormhole a wave will come from.
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 01:05:54 pm »
Have you tried using a force field to cover your side of the wormhole?  Advanced Warp Sensors are good for telling you which wormhole a wave will come from.

That's a...interesting idea, but not quite sure how long that forcefield will last once AIP increases and the waves include multiple Spire Frigates.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 05:11:11 pm »
That's a...interesting idea, but not quite sure how long that forcefield will last once AIP increases and the waves include multiple Spire Frigates.
You might be able to throw enough cannon fodder brave volunteers at them to keep them distracted from plowing through the ff's
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:57 pm »
Surely there is only one rational response to this situation?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk