Author Topic: Spire hubs and facilities in multiplayer  (Read 32317 times)

Offline Tharrick

• Newbie Mark III
Spire hubs and facilities in multiplayer
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:41 am »
So, I've noticed that while the spire shipyards are 'shared', producing a builder foldout for all players, the hab centres aren't, and there doesn't seem to be any way of gifting them. Is it only the player who uses the survey ship and recovers the shard who gets access to these? And does this mean that we're going to have to alternate shard-grabbing to make sure we all get a slice of the pie?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: Spire hubs and facilities in multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:44:04 pm »
I believe the host is the one who always gets the shards and other fallen spire event spawn stuff. As that stuff is not giftable, that basically means the host is stuck with the perks and the responsibilities of the fallen spire stuff. The foldouts are pretty much the only way the other players will get to benefit.

I think there might be a suggestion on the bug-tracker about allowing fallen spire event stuff and the other hub structures to be giftable, but I don't know.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, it is actually player 1 who gets the fallen spire stuff, not necessarily the host. Usually, player 1 is the host, but if you exchange save games and change who is hosting, then it is quite possible for the host to be someone other than player 1.

Offline Tharrick

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:31:20 pm »
I guess I'd best prepare myself for a long game of continuously gifting resources then, hadn't I? :P

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:13:25 pm »
I guess I'd best prepare myself for a long game of continuously gifting resources then, hadn't I? :P
Not really, any resources that go over the cap (1,000,000 I believe) are automatically shared.  If your allies need resources immediately then that's something else, but typically they should be okay on the overflow.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk