Author Topic: Ship graphic  (Read 3954 times)

Offline AcidWeb

Ship graphic
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:14:09 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that some (most?) of ships graphic are from Tyrian?  ;D

Offline Revenantus

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Hero Member Mark III
Re: Ship graphic
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:20:25 pm »
Well spotted. :)

Many of the game's sprites are from Tyrian, and X himself has also drawn a number of them.

Oh yeah, I was thrilled that Daniel Cook released his art from Tyrian (and a few other games that were never released) for free use.  I don't know what I would have done for AI War, otherwise. :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 01:34:47 pm »
Maybe 50% of the ships are from Tyrian, but then another 45% of them look like they could have come from Tyrian because they are by the same artist (Daniel Cook).  Those ones were from another couple of his art packages that he released for free.

As a way to give back to the indie community, all of the graphics that our new artist Phil is creating we are going to release for free as packages.  Both Phil and I are hopeful that this will help other indie developers get a better start with their own games, like Daniel Cook helped to launch AI War through his packages.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline AcidWeb

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:46:25 pm »
Interesting.

Tyrian is my favourite space-shooter after few minutes I know that I seen that ships somewhere else  :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 01:53:47 pm »
Yeah, like Rev said, good eye. :)

Tyrian was also a favorite of mine, it was one of the few shareware games that I actually bought the full version of as a kid.  I also got a ton of time out of the little "Destruct" mode in there, I played that almost as much as the full game.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk