General Category > AI War Classic

Rules: Regarding Profanity, Etc.

<< < (2/7) > >>

x4000:

--- Quote from: Revenantus on September 16, 2009, 08:54:57 pm ---Thus far, none of the posts reported to me have been intentionally offensive/abusive, or included excessive obscene language, or links to such content. Therefore, I have had no interest in forcefully editing the posts without the user's permission because they didn't meet any of my criteria for instant moderation.

Instead, my policy in such cases is to make the poster aware that their post may be considered offensive by some, and give them the opportunity to edit it if they so wish. I will respect their decision either way. The user editing their own post in this way is as much a benefit to themselves as it is everyone else, as it affects how they will be perceived by others.

If it is the case that your post is obviously offensive, abusive, or obscene, it will be automatically edited and locked. I hope that this never happens, and given my experience of the community here I don't expect it to.

--- End quote ---

I support this.  We're not looking to have to be censors here, or to completely put on the kid gloves.  Hopefully the community can largely self-regulate based on the general guidelines I put above, and based on the tenor and style of most of the posts around here.

zebramatt:
Zarking fardwarks!

raptor331:

--- Quote from: zebramatt on November 26, 2009, 02:36:26 pm ---Zarking fardwarks!

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly :-X

Shrugging Khan:
Has there been a case in which a reader notified anyone of his being offended by any post?

x4000:

--- Quote from: Shrugging Khan on February 26, 2012, 03:50:53 pm ---Has there been a case in which a reader notified anyone of his being offended by any post?

--- End quote ---

Yes, several dozen cases of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version