Poll

Do you think the sliders (engineers, rebuilders, matter converters, energy buffer) should be replaced with textboxes?

Yes - replace sliders with textboxes
7 (63.6%)
No - keep these sliders
1 (9.1%)
I don't use the sliders (e.g., build manually)
2 (18.2%)
Other
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Replace Sliders (in Controls) with Textboxes?  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
Re: Replace Sliders (in Controls) with Textboxes?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:52:56 am »
I would be in favor of "Enter --> Confirm" behavior, especially on the save game dialog.

Yes! I forgot that I wanted it there too. That is the most important place for it IMO.

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 05:31:51 pm »
I don't care, I just want Local System Settings to override Global Settings, so I can set a global of say 2 Engineers/System, but change a specific system to only 1 Engineer.  Currently they add together, so you can never have fewer than your Global Settings.

Do you have a Mantis for this? Because I would happily vote it up.

I'm also for something like the OP asks, just as someone whose Windows mouse sensitivity setting is 4.5.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »
I don't care, I just want Local System Settings to override Global Settings, so I can set a global of say 2 Engineers/System, but change a specific system to only 1 Engineer.  Currently they add together, so you can never have fewer than your Global Settings.

Do you have a Mantis for this? Because I would happily vote it up.

I'm also for something like the OP asks, just as someone whose Windows mouse sensitivity setting is 4.5.

Personally, I like them adding together, so I'd at least like an option to keep that. But making it the other way is fine. As if the per-planet override the global, I could emulate the adding behaviour. As it currently is, because you cannot select negative numbers for these, you cannot emulate the overriding with the current adding system.