Author Topic: Recently Joined  (Read 7928 times)

Offline AcidWeb

Re: Recently Joined
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 03:49:42 pm »
Link in Steam shop don`t go here. But to Steam forum.

Really?  Aww, man... it was pointing here yesterday.

Yes it was.

Link in official group changed too. So they probably everywhere linked they internal forum for some reasons.

And OK I admit that current forum organisation is only way if direct link is required.  :)
Direct category linking is also possible but require some SMF hacking so for now it is no worth the effort.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:22:17 pm by AcidWeb »

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 05:24:28 pm »

Really?  Aww, man... it was pointing here yesterday.

You should definitely get that changed back. Actually, I would have them remove that forum all together, as you don't want a split community.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »

Really?  Aww, man... it was pointing here yesterday.

You should definitely get that changed back. Actually, I would have them remove that forum all together, as you don't want a split community.

Yes. More than one forum isn't a great idea.

Offline A13W

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 07:15:54 pm »
Well, I got my copy!

I finally decided to cave in due to the 25% discount and the fact that so much work has gone into it since its original release.

I commend your efforts x4000!

Anyways, how often are games organized here? Or is it much more spontaneous? Would love to play with some of you.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 10:34:54 am »
Thanks very much, A13W!

To organize a game, generally most people here either use the AI War Meeting Grounds, the IRC channel (linked from there), XFire, Steam invites/the Steam group, or so forth.  I think the IRC channel has been the big winner so far, but that may change now that we're out on Steam.  There are other forums where people organize AI War games from time to time, such as Gaming Trend and Relic News, but the majority of people are here or in IRC, from what I can tell.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline AcidWeb

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 11:18:48 am »
I'm believe that is time to think about implementation of some multiplayer lobby. Only lobby - aggregation of hosts that wants to be announced. Even with high number of servers this is nothing that require tremendous server base.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 11:39:45 am »
I'm believe that is time to think about implementation of some multiplayer lobby. Only lobby - aggregation of hosts that wants to be announced. Even with high number of servers this is nothing that require tremendous server base.

Both Steam and Gamespy have this sort of matchmaking functionality, and we have agreements in place with both to add this feature as part of our work on the expansion.  It will be retroactively free to customers of the base game as well, but it was too large a feature to make it into 2.0.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kjara

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 11:42:58 am »
That will be cool, mainly as a way to concentrate people(since we have far too many ways to setup games currently).

Offline AcidWeb

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 11:43:55 am »
Excellent! As always ;D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 11:45:57 am »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that feature, too.  I had hoped to get something like that in place for 2.0, to be honest, but in looking at the APIs for both programs I was struck by the complexity -- not of the APIs, which are very nice, but rather of just the interface changes and such it would take in order to merge the matchmaking concept with the existing lobby.  It won't be that bad for the expansion, but it was pretty overwhelming for 2.0.

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 11:48:35 am »
I think that as a temporary fix until such a lobby is implemented, an in game IRC client that connects to the IRC channel would work well.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 11:56:27 am »
I think that as a temporary fix until such a lobby is implemented, an in game IRC client that connects to the IRC channel would work well.

Yes, someone has brought this up as well, but this has many of the same challenges as well as the need for an IRC code addition, etc.

Offline Snowman

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 08:25:46 pm »
Hi all,

I´m new to AI Wars.

Usually I hate RTS, but this one is really different, you need to think DEEP ... I like that.

Old and mean ....

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 08:44:45 pm »
Hi all,

I´m new to AI Wars.

Usually I hate RTS, but this one is really different, you need to think DEEP ... I like that.

Welcome to the forums!  We get a fair number of people here who are not a fan of RTS games, and we're always glad to have you! :)

Offline Snowman

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 04:48:47 pm »
Hi all,

I´m new to AI Wars.

Welcome to the forums!  We get a fair number of people here who are not a fan of RTS games, and we're always glad to have you! :)

Thanks,

Yeah this game is really astounding. Good work ! Bought it for me and one for my oldtime buddy over steam ...
Old and mean ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk