Author Topic: AI Homeworld only had turrets, no ships.  (Read 8046 times)

Offline Rustayne

• Full Member Mark II
AI Homeworld only had turrets, no ships.
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:07:00 am »
Found another weird bug.  Not sure if it was due to the way me and my friend were playing, but we got to the last home world, and we noticed that there were around 100 ships on the planet, and 4000 or so turrets.  We took over the whole map, 80 planets on a 7.3 AI.  I can post up the auto save before we took it if you would like to see it.  If this isn't a bug, then please disregard.

Offline Fleet

Re: AI Homeworld only had turrets, no ships.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:44:31 pm »
I'm can't think of a situation that would cause that, since this was your first time visiting the homeworld.

A save and the version you are using is usually helpful.

Offline Rustayne

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:49:09 pm »
I'm running version 3.172.  I'll attach a save before we took it.  The homeworld has been on alert for hours, and when it first got alerted it sent us waves unannounced for awhile.  I am not sure of the logic of how it reinforces, but i think it might of taken too many turrets instead of ships when it reinforced.  Apparently I can't get the save to attach, so I'm not sure what to do about it yet.

rubikscube

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:01:21 pm »
maybe :

no reinforces for the homeworld ever

turret ai type ;D

cpa doesn't affect core ships though

Offline Rustayne

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:51:20 pm »
Nah, the AI was a sledge hammer.  I'm pretty sure they aren't overly turret happy.  Once we had the AI down to 2 systems, we didn't see another CPA.  We spent around 6-7 hours cleaning up turret balls, colonizing, and such that we left behind in our path of destruction.  The AI honestly seemed like it gave up at the end.  Granted, we had it beat pretty bad, but I'd expected a little more fight out of it, and expected there to be more then 200 ships in the system. 

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:15:09 pm »
Hmm, here's my guess:

- Since you took the whole map, your AI Progress is some unsanitarily high number.
- Border aggression scales up with AIP.
- Eventually the border aggression "threshold" was pushed beneath the number of turrets on the planet (the turrets count towards the border aggression number).

And so every single mobile military ship on the planet was released by the Border Aggression mechanic, which would explain the unannounced waves bit, as basically every reinforcement it got was being sent straight at you.

Sound plausible?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 03:30:14 pm »
That sounds plausible to me.  Also, if you took every planet on the map, and then had a CPA (which would be a mark V CPA by that point in the game), the only plant it would have to pull from would be its home planet.  So that could have been it, too.  That is a very odd issue, but I suspect it has something to do with the expunge-everything style of play here.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Rustayne

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 05:33:05 pm »
Yea.  I figured our method of gameplay was causing this to happen.  We are currently playing a 87 planet map level 10 AI's and we are hitting that wall again.  It does add another layer of complexity to it, as 1800 turrets on a gate isn't exactly cakewalk to take down without some serious firepower, but it is fun. :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »
Wowzers. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Trezamere

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 06:56:37 am »
Sounds.... slow.

Offline Rustayne

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »
It can be.  Generally since AI progress isn't really an issue for us, we take a set of EMP's in to paralyze it all, move both our fleets in and do what we can til the turrets come out of it.  The only things still active typically are the core turrets, and maybe a few starships that are immune to EMP, which in our game at the moment is like 25 spires and 20 raids on each system.  Our resource gain is so well done, (Due to us holding over half the map at this point) that rebuilding our fleet only take a few mins, and we have to many turrets in the system before if some slip through while we are rebuilding, it isn't a big deal.  That and 2 super forts, and a 1 of each fort for both of us.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk