Author Topic: Prerelease 1.005J now available.  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Blam Stokel

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Prerelease 1.005J now available.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »
Hey you won't catch me complaining about too many updates  ;D

Offline Quitch

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 06:54:49 pm »
Gosh, running out of things to niggle at :) The focus changes will be a real help.

1. The number keys should remain control group selection even on the galaxy screen. I don't know about anybody else but I often want to move ships after seeing this map and having to hop back out and in this screen is a pain and I often end up with a priority number by mistake. As button exist for the priorities, and assigning them is not a high priority activity, keeping the shortcut for control groups (which have no other means of being selected on this screen) would be better IMO.

2. I'd like to be able to find science ships in addition to the other ship types you have made discoverable on the galaxy map, I sometimes lose track of where I moved them to once they're in a 2000 territory.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 09:29:03 pm »
Gosh, running out of things to niggle at :) The focus changes will be a real help.

Haha, I guess that's a good sign! :)

1. The number keys should remain control group selection even on the galaxy screen. I don't know about anybody else but I often want to move ships after seeing this map and having to hop back out and in this screen is a pain and I often end up with a priority number by mistake. As button exist for the priorities, and assigning them is not a high priority activity, keeping the shortcut for control groups (which have no other means of being selected on this screen) would be better IMO.

Hmm... I'm potentially open to this, but I'm curious what other people think.  I actually do use the hotkeys for the priority setting, but I could do otherwise if I had to.  Bear in mind that if I were to make this change, it would only be able to select ships at your current planet (or it would switch planets, as it currently does).  The game does not support having ships from multiple planets selected at once.  So, to me, it seems a little awkward.  I think, for things like this where it's a judgement call and I'm not confident in my opinion on it, I'm going to start opening polls to let the community vote and decide.  I don't have any other solid way of gathering player preference data.  This is going on my maybe list, and I'll open a poll about it.

2. I'd like to be able to find science ships in addition to the other ship types you have made discoverable on the galaxy map, I sometimes lose track of where I moved them to once they're in a 2000 territory.

Awesome, good point, and I'll add that.  Do bear in mind that with the teal science labs button at the bottom of the planetary view screen, you can easily locate them there.  But that requires leaving the galaxy map, obviously.  I'm totally with you on adding this one, though, and it's now on my list for soon.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Quitch

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 05:47:06 pm »
Uh, my alphabet sucks. Ignore I, is J the update posted to Impulse?

And thanks for being so generous with the change notes. Just for the future you may want to group all the shortcut key changes at one point in the notes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:50:16 pm by Quitch »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 06:17:34 pm »
Same note from the other post:  the official 1.005 version (on Impulse and elsewhere) is slightly updated from even the latest prerelease version.

No problem on the change notes.  With those, I'm basically doing them sequentially since they are often coming out in parts in the prereleases.  But you're right, I should probably reorganize them before final release so that stuff is grouped together more sequentially.  I'll start doing that with the official version of 1.006.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk