Poll

What most needs a buff?

Anti-Armor
1 (0.7%)
Astro Train
7 (5.2%)
Champion Drone Bays (Bomber, Inteceptor, Slicer)
13 (9.7%)
Counter Dark Matter Turret
8 (6%)
Decoy Drone
3 (2.2%)
Deflector Drone
3 (2.2%)
Etherjet Tractor
4 (3%)
Flagships
2 (1.5%)
Hardened forcefields
7 (5.2%)
Infiltrator
15 (11.2%)
Raider
5 (3.7%)
SF Guard Post combat capabilities
3 (2.2%)
Special Forces Rally Guardian
3 (2.2%)
Spire Gravity Ripper
2 (1.5%)
Spire Teleporting Leeches
1 (0.7%)
Superfortress
14 (10.4%)
Tachyon Drone
6 (4.5%)
Teleport raiders
16 (11.9%)
Translocator
1 (0.7%)
Wormhole Guard Posts
4 (3%)
Zenith Power Generator
13 (9.7%)
Zenith Reprocessor
3 (2.2%)
None of these need a buff! (don't use your other votes, will count by head instead of vote)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Worst Unit Of The (time interval) Award (VIII)  (Read 12714 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Poll: Worst Unit Of The (time interval) Award (VIII)
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »
Forts are fine, super forts are just not super.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline brianc

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27:21 pm »
Whatttt, Teleport Raiders are my favorite!  Well, ok.  Not my favorite and they are completely useless later in game but for the first two phases they are invaluable imo.  Their ability to get to any planet in an instant and fight off a (very) small force or even just bide time is very useful and I usually leave them on my home planet just for those occasions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 09:40:54 pm »
"And in honor of being third place in the winners of the "Worst Unit Of The (time interval) Award (VIII)" poll, the Superfortress"

>:D Hurry and gimme gimme gimme.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 09:52:04 pm »
Hurry and gimme gimme gimme.
Yea, as I was making the changes I kept thinking "boy, Cinth is going to troll the AI with this".
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »
Hurry and gimme gimme gimme.
Yea, as I was making the changes I kept thinking "boy, Cinth is going to troll the AI with this".

I'm going to put it on a core world. I can't control the devious laughter.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Niwantaw

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »
All of a sudden my 18m money sink for lulz seems a lot more... useful.

...Give me a moment. I need to go check every planet to make sure the AI doesn't have one.
allergic to sensible plans.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:07 pm »
You gave the infiltrator cloaking!  :o

Can you at least give it dark matter ammo or something (which would also indirectly buff counter dark matter turrets) so we can at least get some strong recourse to deal with them, like we have with the eyebots and their missile ammo?

Otherwise, I am going to nominate infiltrator for the next "what needs a nerf" poll.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:05:45 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »
Otherwise, I am going to nominate infiltrator for the next "what needs a nerf" poll.

Kinda like what is going to happen to Superfortresses?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 10:07:27 pm »

Can you at least give it dark matter ammo or something (which would also indirectly buff counter dark matter turrets) so we can at least get some strong recourse to deal with them, like we have with the eyebots and their missile ammo?

Is it not already dark matter? Looks that way in the code.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »

Is it not already dark matter? Looks that way in the code.

Ammo is Flare type

Offline Histidine

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 11:25:30 pm »
Suddenly I'm not sure I should have voted for superforts  ???

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 06:22:59 am »
I feel the need to be unpopular.

Keith, give us a while to use and abuse the nerf/boost results before offering up the next set.  Personal opinion is that things have started riding the edge of difference, and we haven't had enough games per person ( at least 5 a piece, by preference) to really understand whatall the recent changes have... well.. changed.

*waves hands in the air in surrender* WAIT!  I didn't say the choices were bad.  I'm just sayin there hasn't been enough end to end play yet with everything twisted different (besides Beta play) to make sure we don't end up with a misjudgement of the end-to-end results.  Reality tends to be a horrible intrusion on intention and theory.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline relmz32

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:43 am »

Keith, give us a while to use and abuse the nerf/boost results before offering up the next set.  Personal opinion is that things have started riding the edge of difference, and we haven't had enough games per person ( at least 5 a piece, by preference) to really understand whatall the recent changes have... well.. changed.

*waves hands in the air in surrender* WAIT!  I didn't say the choices were bad.  I'm just sayin there hasn't been enough end to end play yet with everything twisted different (besides Beta play) to make sure we don't end up with a misjudgement of the end-to-end results.  Reality tends to be a horrible intrusion on intention and theory.

Seconded.
A programmer had a problem. She thought to herself, "I know, I'll solve it with threads!". has Now problems. two she.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 09:50:04 am »

I understand the sentiment, but the units that  won here came no later then the first expansion. These are units that have been established for a long, long time so the player base has a clear idea that these units are indeed terrible. I would understand not understanding the changes if they were new units, but so far the majority of these polls have units from the base game or the first expansion.,
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 10:47:24 am »

I disagree. These are long-standing units, player judgement is pretty good, especially en masse, and a horrible overreach has a very limited lifetime (reduced, in fact, by more frequent polls).
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.